State of Grace

"I know, yeah, I will be there on time. Thank you for the reminder." Bin answers Woo Sung in his sleep heavy voice.

"Where are you? Are you just waking up?"

"I am. It's Sunday."

"Hmm. Don't you know the saying? Waking up late on Sunday means you lose an opportunity somewhere else."

"The jerk who said that must be a workaholic." Bin grumbles still not moving from the bed.

"Yeah, if you consider yourself a jerk and a workaholic. It was you who said it when we had to study for bar exam."

"Then let's blame it to my ignorance and overly positive mind of how this world works."

Woo Sung chuckles from across the phone. "What happen to you? You are back from Namhae and looked nothing like your— giddy self before you left. And you clammed up on me."

Bin doesn't answer. He hasn't told anyone what happened last weekend, so, clammed up is an apt description. It's his problem and he's gonna clear it up himself. No one needs to know his misconduct.

"Did I? I have another thing going on, that's all." He finally responded.

"With The Acting First Lady."

Yes, he wants to answer, if only he can find her anytime soon.

"Yeah, let's put it that way."

"Just don't let whatever happen takes away your focus on the grander plan."

Bin needs to hear that. Needs to hear that he has to focus on his ultimate goal, his pursuit of the highest office in South Korea.

He and Woo Sung will meet with several people this afternoon to help them jump start the first phase of the campaign. The stealth campaign.

What Bin learned during his two legislative elections is he needs a village. Running a successful campaign is really one of the hardest thing to do, it really takes everything and everyone coming together.

Last night, Woo Sung sent him a schedule of appearance. The focus this month will be on what Bin knows best. Law and finance.

He will give a keynote speech at his alma mater and he will open this year Seoul International Invention Fair at COEX among few other engagements. With public's speculation about him going on full swing, his increase appearances will gather buzzes and interests.

People — through media — will scrutinize everything about him, trying to find some flaws and dirts. Good thing, Bin knows from the start that track records matter.

First, his family background. At least, he doesn't need to worry about this. No one can dispute his blood line and his family excellence in serving this country.

Second, his work. The bills he proposed, issued and endorsed. His cases in his previous law firm. His voluntary works. Everything will be push into the headlines since these things will act as preview for the people of South Korea about what kind of President he will be.

Third, his personal life. Media and his opponents will dig everything to get a glimpse of what kind of man he is, what kind of company he keeps these days. His old comments and interviews will resurface and be used as evidence to ask the question: Is he really suitable to lead the country?

So, he has vision for all that and everything starts coming together for his campaign, yet—

He has no idea what else he can do to reach Ye Jin. It's been a week and he has been running around like crazy chasing the elusive Son Ye Jin.