14: Moonlight

Tubbo's POV

I stared at [Y/N]s message for a hot second. Sneak out. Sneak out??? I've never done it before, at all. What if we get caught? Or arrested? Or worse?! But then again, I get to see [Y/N]. The angel on my shoulder is telling me no go, and the devil is saying yes go. This wouldn't be a good idea, I can't do this-

'Oh sure! What time?'

Idiot.

...

10PM, my family's asleep, and I'm shaking in my bed. I'm wearing half my pajamas and half my regular clothes. I'm still worried, but I'm excited. Then, my phone vibrates. I eagerly grab it and check the notification on messengers, its [Y/N] alright.

'Outside your house rn, Need any help getting out?' He'd messaged.

I exhaled deeply, and typed.

'I'll see, ill meet you there! :)'

"Now how to get out of this house..." I whispered to myself. I then came up with an idea shortly. I went to my bed and positioned plenty of the pillows on my bed to look like I was sleeping in it, at first glance it would look believable, plus my parents dont check up on me at night.

I silently closed the door to my room as i stood in the hallway. I would've snuck out the window, but how would I have gotten back up? I tiptoed down the hallway and stairs, making little to no sound as to not wake anyone up. What would someone think if they woke up to me half dressed, wearing a backpack and sneakers on? They'd think i was sneaking out. I walked through the kitchen, and to the back door. I always had the key on me, an extra key, so I could lock and unlock it as I please.

I quietly exited, and locked the door. I then jumped the fence, and looked around. The dark streets, the street lights radiating lights on the wet concrete and surfaces, and the vast, black sky dashed with stars and constellations an astronomer would die to see. Then, my eyes gathered the whole image, and saw [Y/N] standing around, looking at me, grinning.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked in a low, almost croaky voice. "...yeah...its nice," I whispered, cautious of the house. I walked towards him, the cut, wet grass sticking onto my sneakers as I walked over it. "I'm a bit scared," I anxiously giggled, fret showing on my face. "Dont worry about it, we wont be out for ages, and i assure you if you're quiet, you wont get caught," he assured, which made me feel a bit more at ease. "And i will try my very best to protect you if anything happens out here," he smiled. "Oh please do," i quipped. He chuckled at my response.

We began walking down the street. Us both talking, but low, as to make me feel more sneaky and less obvious. As we joked, i couldn't help but feel something was bothering him, or more, something had bothered him. I tried not to overthink it, but worry flooded my mind like a punctured ship. We walked to Avisford Park, which was nice because that's where we first hung out. The two of us sat on a bench, and he pulled out some snacks for us to have.

We hadn't brought up the what happened at the Arcade, well, not yet, but its like he was waiting for me to say it, but I wanted him to say it. "So, first time sneaking out?" He mused. His voice bringing me back to the conversation and out of my thoughts. "Oh- , Yeah, actually, its a bit scary, yet fun," I supposed. "Ahaha, I'd do this alot... with my friend, we'd do all kinds of dumb shit," [Y/N] told, a sad smile on his face.

I'll never forget his face at the eulogy, it was one i couldn't look at. He looked so...broken, like he would never be the same, as anyone would in that situation. I remember hearing his sad somber voice at the wake, how he talked and acted, it was completely different to how he is now. "...what would you do with them? If you don't mind me asking," i questioned.