34- The First Visit

Adrien's POV- Eight Months Before

"It's nice to see you both, Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng." I wave to her parents before following Marinette up to her bedroom. I take my usual spot on her chaise and Tikki flies over and rests on my knee. I break apart a cookie Tom gave me and feed her pieces.

"I've been working on something," My girlfriend tells me as she pulls on a string and lowers a projector screen from the ceiling.

It's mostly empty, except for a few things. A picture of Lila and the rehabilitation center she's getting care at. A picture of Felix and his last known location. And in the middle, of course, is my father's mugshot. He's always been in the middle of this mess. A red string connects the three.

"What is that?" I ask, feeding Tikki a large chocolate chunk. She nuzzles against my hand, and I scratch her chin. I miss Plagg so much.

"I started this last night after you went home."

"It looks very..." I tilt my head as I stare at it. "Complicated."

Marinette nods. "It is." She grabs something from her desk drawer and pins it on the projector sheet. It's the encrypted message Felix left for us last week. "We can't give up. Not now, Adrien. We're going to get back the cat, butterfly, and peacock miraculous."

"How are we going to do that?"

"I... have no idea," She admits. "We know Lila, Felix, and your father were working together. Your father's in prison, Lila's under care, and Felix..."

"Felix is gone."

She turns around and looks at me. "We'll find him."

"Not if Felix doesn't want to be found."

Marinette walks over to her computer and starts typing on her keyboard. "No matter how long this takes, Adrien, I am going to work hard. I won't stop until we get the miraculous back." She prints two new pictures and adds them to our mystery board.

Paris' new supervillains made their grand entrance at the Louvre a few days ago, bearing the miraculous of the butterfly and the peacock.

I stand up and walk over, closely staring at their candid shots of them in battle. "Miss Farfalle and Monsieur Paon... what stupid names. I could've come up with something more clever."

"Barely a week after your father gets arrested and poor Paris is getting terrorized again."

I rest a hand on her shoulder. "We'll beat them."

"Cause we're the bug and snake team now!" We grin and share a fist bump.

I miss the bug and cat team.

Marinette looks back at the board. "I'd bet my life Lila is Miss Farfalle."

I roll my eyes, saying, "Don't get ahead of yourself, Marinette. You know where she is."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Right..." My phone starts ringing from my back pocket. I don't recognize the number, but it's local. I step to the other side of the room and answer. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Adrien Agreste?"

How does she know my name? "Yes..."

"My name is Isabel Cortina, I'm a correction officer for the city of Paris inmate prison."

"You... what?"

"I'm calling to let you know that inmate #367480, Gabriel Agreste, has been approved for visitors."