1- Six Months Later

Adrien's POV

"Ladybug, look out!" I dive forward and tackle her out of the way as Kid Scientist's explosive vial flies over our heads, smashing into a car and burning it to ashes. I keep a protective hand on the back of her head as we roll across the street, and I help her stand as we duck behind a flipped city bus. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Aspik," She whispers, peeking out as she carefully studies this new akuma. She squints, and I see the gears turning in her eyes. She has an idea, a plan. "Do you see the belt around Kid Scientist's waist?" She asks, pointing, and I follow with my eyes. "There's a tiny beaker with pink liquid—I'm assuming his power source—with a motor, keeping it recycled and filled."

I nod, understanding her plan. "You think the akuma's hiding there. We get rid of his belt, we get rid of his source of power. Then we can free the akuma."

"Exactly." Ladybug looks over, grinning. "You catch on to my plans quickly now, Snakey."

"Snakey?" I ask, eyebrows rising as I question her choice of nickname.

She shrugs. "What, only you're allowed to come up with nicknames?" Frowning, she whispers, "I miss calling you Kitty."

A ting of pain shoots through my heart. Plagg.

"I'm sorry," She suddenly says, reaching to hold my hand. "I know how much you miss your miraculous and Plagg—"

"We can talk about this later," I interrupt, gesturing a nod towards the street. "We have Kid Scientist to worry about right now."

Her frown deepens. "You're right. Akuma first, feelings later. Lucky charm!" She tosses her yo-yo in the air and a red and black spotted pair of scissors drops in her hands. She looks around for a solution before nodding. "Okay. Let's do this, Aspik."

***

"Miraculous ladybug!" Ladybug throws the scissors in the air and her magical ladybugs begin to fix the damages caused by Kid Scientist. She offers her fist, then quickly puts her arm back at her side. "Sorry, I forgot we can't do that in public. If people find out you were—"

"I understand," I assure her with a smile. A sad one, at that. "Another victory for the bug and snake team."

She beams bright with a smile. "Exactly."

After escorting the victim back home to his parents, Ladybug and I race back to her room, dropping through the sky roof.

"Spots off," Ladybug whispers, transforming back into Marinette.

"Scales rest." My transformation falls and I take off the bracelet, unlocking her sewing box, and place the miraculous back in the miracle box. Taking my usual spot on her chase, I lean back and watch my girlfriend as she walks over to her desk, pulling down a string to reveal the poster mystery we've been living through: pictures, news articles, and red strings connecting certain names and faces.

We've been trying to uncover Miss Farfalle's and Monsieur Paon's secret identifies for six months now.

So far? No luck.

Six long months without Plagg.

I miss him.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" Marinette asks out of nowhere, turning to face me. I look up at her. "Something's bothering you. I can see it on your face, Adrien. You can't hide it from me.

"Honestly?" I cross my arms with a sigh. "No, I don't want to talk about it."

"I know you miss Plagg," She whispers, scratching her arm. "I promise I am doing my best." She turns back to her mystery board, hand on chin, lost in thought. "I just wish you wouldn't shut me out, Adrien."