31- A Ladybug, A Peacock, And A Cat

Adrien's POV

I can't move. I can't speak. I can't... breathe? I'm not sure. My heart is pounding fast, ringing loud in my ears. This can't be real. This has to be a dream. I've had this dream a million times, finally reunited with my miraculous, with my kwami. Plagg...

Marinette's eyes are wide. "Is that..." She whispers, unable to finish her sentence. She's as speechless as I am.

"The miraculous of the black cat?" Felix nods. "Yes."

"Is this a trick?" I ask, trying not to get my hopes too high.

A white glow appears from the ring and shines bright. Plagg appears before us, yawning with a big stretch. His eyes meet mine and they turn big and bright. "ADRIEN?!"

"PLAGG!"

My kwami flies over and nuzzles against my cheek. I rest my hand on his tiny body and hold him close, softly crying now. "I never, ever want to be apart from my favorite human again!"

"I feel the same way, Plagg," I whisper, letting him sit in my hand. I reach into my pocket and pull out a piece of rotten cheese. "I've been carrying this with me ever since you were taken from me. Sort of like my own good luck charm, I guess."

"You..." Plagg's pupils dilate as he stares at the stinky food in my hand. He starts drooling. "You kept that... for me?!"

"So, that's what smells," Felix mumbles, and I ignore him.

"Adrien, you are truly the kindest holder of the black cat I've had the honor of knowing!" My kwami takes the piece of cheese, but instead of eating it in one bite like he usually does, he savors it. "I want to remember this taste this forever."

I take the ring and slip it on my hand, back where it belongs. 

Tikki appears from Marinette's bag. "Stinky sock!"

"Sugarcube!"

The two kwamis fly at each other and embrace each other.

"I'm here, too, you know," The dark blue kwami whines.

Plagg turns and sees Duusu. His tiny eyes widen. "Peabrain? What are you doing here?"

"This is my new holder!" Duusu flies over to Felix, gesturing to him with her tiny arms. "He's really nice and funny once you get to know him."

My kwami flies to Felix's eye level, glaring at him. "I'm watching you, pretty boy. Don't mess with me. I'm the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs."

"Noted," My cousin mutters with an eye roll. "Now, does this prove my loyalty now?"

"Have you had his miraculous all this time?" Marinette asks.

He shakes his head. "No, Lila's kept the ring hidden from me. I needed her to trust me enough with the secret location. Once I learned it, I stole it from her, and I rushed here."

"Thank you, Felix," I whisper, smiling.

"I have to warn you, though," He continues. "Once Lila discovers it's missing, she's going to lose it. She'll go to war with us."

"Us?" Marinette questions.

Felix nods. "It's always been us. You, me, and my cousin."

Plagg flies over and looks between me and Marinette. He tilts his head. "Something's different about you two."

"What do you mean?"

"You usually always hold hands. It's nauseating! Why aren't you holding hands?" My kwami questions, glancing between us. "Why aren't you acting 'romantic' and 'couple-y'?"

We share a look, and both say, "We broke up."

Plagg starts spinning in circles. He pretends to faint and Tikki and Duusu catch him. "What?! When did that happen?"

"Not that long ago, actually," Marinette admits, scratching her neck.

"Nope." My kwami shakes his head. "Absolutely not. I was not kwami-napped and forced fed dairy-free cheese just to come back and find my two favorite heroes are not in love anymore. It's unacceptable!" He flies behind my back and pushes me towards Marinette. "Talk things out! Fix this now!" 

Felix shakes his head with a groan. "Please do it outside. I don't want to be forced to listen to your sad little soap opera."

I step on the ladder to the loft and turn back, offering my hand to Marinette. "Milady?" 

She smiles and takes my hand.