chapter 38// stiles

"And here's y/n!" Your older brother Scott announced as you groggily rubbed your eyes, stumbling down the stairs barely conscious as you just woke up.

"Hey." You yawned, greeting your brother and his best friend Stiles, who awkwardly gave a short wave back.

As you walked into the kitchen you calmly retrieved your school diary, checking your timetable for the day before it was quickly seized by Scott.

"No school for a week." He chimed making me stare back at him confused.
"What are you in about?" I asked concerned, I couldn't completely comprehend things when i'd just woken up, so I assumed I was hearing things.

"We," He said while gesturing to the three of us.
"Are going on a short trip for the next week. I'm still getting used to this whole supernatural thing so maybe it's best I do it in a more... controlled environment." He suggested, making me slowly nod.

"Okay well your emailing all my teachers for them to catch me up when I get back." You chuckled cheekily while running back up the fairs to bed, ignoring the stares from Stiles watching you gracefully run upstairs.

***

"Alright this is the hotel." Scott said while readjusting his seatbelt, before completely taking it off.

He exited the car while Stiles parked his blue jeep, he quickly opened the door for his girlfriend allison, gesturing for her to exit as he delicately swung his arm over her shoulder protectively.

Me and Stiles soon left, awkwardly trailing behind them.

"Alright we'll Im getting a room with my lady,"
Scott said, telling us where our beds were.

"And you two will be right next door, goodnight." He smiled before slamming the door behind us, we both stepped out of his hotel room, avoiding getting our feet caught in the door.

"Well.." Stiles said trying to break the awkward silence.
"Let's just go." I said, desperate for the week to be over.

"Scott only ordered one bed?" Stiles whined as he revealed the small hotel room.

"Ooh the one bed trope." I chuckled while planting myself onto the bed.
"What do you mean?" Stiles asked eagerly, sitting down next to me.

"It's a book trope, d-dont worry." Y/n stumbled nervously, hoping he wouldn't catch on to the fact that it was a love trope.

"You like reading?" He asked with a sudden hint of interest, making y/n nod back.

"Wow i didn't know Scott's sister was a nerd but uhm." He snickered cheekily, earning a small hit from me.

"Well i'm gonna get ready for bed." He said while removing his flannel from his shoulders, making his way to the bathroom.

"Wanna use the bathroom before I go?" He offered but I only responded with a short nod gesturing no.

I adjusted back into the bed, untucking the bedsheets from the frame that housekeeping tightly tucked in.

I leaned for the remote, flicking through all the paid channels and live tv shows.

"Anything interesting on?" Stiles asked as I heard the bathroom door close behind him, the sound of the fan inside being drained out by the sealed door.

"Ok how about the chase?" I asked while handing him the remote.
"No i refused to watch a game show." He said, taking the remote as he jumped back onto the bed and sighed, flicking through all the channels i had just seen.

"There's nothing good on these damn hotel tv's." He groaned before shutting off the fridge frustratedly.

"Ok so no tv." I sighed before rolling over.
"Yep." Stiles sighed while adjusting himself in the dark awkwardly, both of us making sure not to cross the halfway line dividing the both of us.

"I know about the one bed book trope." Stiles finally said, cracking through the silence.

"Oh- i'm sorry.." I said but was soon cut off.
"No it's fine, reasonable response i mean. It kind of is like that trope."

"Oh." I said before return back, a bit less on edge now.

"Wanna recreate it for the night?" He offered eagerly.
"Really?"
"Yep."

"Alright then. Go sleep in the bathtub i'm not being anywhere near you." I said snobbily, earning a snicker from him.

"Your oddly good at this." He snickered before getting up, stopping himself halfway remembering how he's meant to be stubborn.

"No." He responds firmly.
"Im staying here." He said while laying back, rolling over to face his chest against my back, holding me tightly by the waist against him.

"This isn't really part of the trope." I whispered against him.

"I know." He mumbled back before kissing me on the lips, my neck slightly uncomfortable as I was forcing my head back so i quickly sat up, not breaking the kiss.

But before it could go anywhere further an excited chuckle from next door broke up apart.
"God.. Allison," We mumbled together before chuckling.