He Wasn't Man Enough

This is most definitely based off Toni Braxton's song, but with my own twist and spin. If you haven't heard it, shame on you. It's one of the most disrespectful songs ever, but it is a beautifully made masterpiece.

(Don't mind any spelling errors, my lazy ass is gonna have to edit. I wanted to hurry up and put this out, since I've been starving you guys 🤭)

———————————————————————

Nyane's POV

"Do you think Darnell is gonna be there? I haven't seen him in a while

"Do you think Darnell is gonna be there? I haven't seen him in a while." Joana asked me, looking at herself in a full body mirror.

She wanted me to come shopping with her, so she could find something to wear for our class reunion.

I already have my shit ready, but she loves to wait until the last minute.

"I have no idea. Last thing I heard about him, was he had gotten a divorce." I said, flipping through a catalog, while sipping some champagne.

"How sad. I'll comfort him, with an open mouth, and open legs." She said, making me choke on my drink.

"You are horrible. What if he's bald, with a beer belly? It's been 15 years since we've seen everyone."

"If his pockets stick out more than his gut, then it don't matter what he looks like. I think Imma get this dress, it's cute."

"I know that's right, sis. Get that bread."

After I helped her pick out a pair of heels to match, Jo and I went and grabbed lunch from a little bistro we frequent.

As we were talking, Joana stopped and looked behind me.

"Girl what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, when she started tapping the table.

"Your little ex just walked in. I'm guessing he's here for the reunion."

Instead of turning around, I used my phone to make it seem like I was taking a selfie, just so I could look behind me.

"Eh. He looks the same, and still can't dress for shit." I hummed, laying my phone back on the table.

"Well it looks like he has some arm candy, and he just made eye contact with me...I think he's coming over here." She said, and I just shrugged, sipping my martini.