28.

Seraphima blinked open, rubbing her face with both of her hands as she grunted due to waking up from her slumber.

Then she sighed, her head delved against the pillow with her golden brown hair setting around her in an arrayed mess of locks and curls. She could feel her green orbs stinging, probably from the tears that she had shed earlier.

She briefly felt numb, not thinking clearly or acting normally due to her emotions skyrocketing that time. Seraph wasn't sure why she had to react that way, most of time when she tend to be upset, she would pretend that nothing happened, pairing it with a nonchalant mask upon her face.

But when it comes to him, she would lose her control, like a spark plug unattached to the main engine, without it, one couldn't work a machine at all.

It was overwhelming to feel such emotions that she wasn't used to before. This kind of resentment towards the other female was caused by sheer interaction between her and the duke.

Maybe it wasn't such a big deal. She wanted to convince herself but her heart disagreed to it, throbbing like falling glasses against the floor.

She groaned, pulling the pillow from underneath her head and smothering her face with it, humiliation surging through her nerves. But after the chagrin phase evolved to anxiousness, her brain figuring various things, excuses, assumptions about what she had experienced and witnessed throughout their arrival at the forest and its town.

The Crisiant woman was overthinking, there was no peace residing within her. No matter how much she tried to push such notions away, it would only come back in tenfold.

Along these suggested ideas of her negativity were imaginations that pierced her core like a spear through exposed flesh. She imagined how the ash grey-haired feel around Floryn, how he talk to her, how he touch her and how happy he would be if he was with her.

She felt annoyed by herself, frustration piling up in her cage of feelings, just like how carbon dioxide slowly occupied her entire lungs from not breathing.

Seraph threw the pillow that was smothered to her face into the wooden floor, she lightly gasped for air, taking in the oxygen. She sat up, sighing once then twice, brushing her fingers through her long follicles that tickled her cheek.

She was acting like a damned child and she knew it.

But it felt so real to her.

It caused her to think: was her mother right about this? About him being the missing piece that she was looking for in her heart?

If so, she disliked how this desired piece arrived with pain. Like a two-in-one package.

Then she calmed down, telling herself that it wasn't Aamon's or Floryn's fault that she was like this. Her emotions were her own responsibility, these were hers that she must manage.

Plus, they needed to go to the Celestial Palace to obtain the Heart of Amina. Well, just the half of it.

After having her personal lecture, the brunette glanced around, motioning her body to get off of the bed. She walked out of the bedroom, hoping to see her male companion waiting for her in the living room but alas, he wasn't there.

Speaking of her companion, she was grateful that Gusion was there for her, being a pillar of support. It might be embarrassing in some ways but it doesn't matter, he offered her solace that she needed. He offered her himself as a friend who would look out for her.

She figured that she would use the power of the heart on him. For good. Hopefully, no consequences would came out of it.

Seraphima turned to gaze outside the window, seeing that it was already evening, with the sky turned to a darker shade of blue and with white clouds coloring themselves grey.