27.

All of them arrived at a small town, various houses and cottages lining in a perfect symmetry along the road. There were street lamps that were unlit since the sun shone upon them.

Seraphima watched the villagers with a focused gaze from her emerald colored-orifices then averted to the sight of the duke and the floating lady who were conversing, her hold on Gusion slightly tightening due to the affliction she felt. The male brunette noticed it then laid one of his gauntlet-clad hands on hers comfortingly.

"Are you okay?" He whispered to her, glancing over his shoulder as she randomly nodded her head, clutching on to his clothing. He discerned the look on her face and shook his head. "If something is wrong, you can tell me."

"I'm just being cautious around here," she told him softly.

"Relax your nerves, Seraph. If anything happens, I'm here." Gusion halted the reins upon seeing his elder brother stopping his white horse, dismounting off the animal.

The two followed suit, stepping on the cracked stone path but Seraph stayed beside her chestnut-haired friend, staying uncommunicative whilst observing the women they met in the forest.

"Thank you for leading us out of there," Aamon bowed with a hand on his chest, looking towards Floryn and Ruby.

"No worries. We were just scouting the perimeter to check the wolves. Hopefully we didn't surprise you that much," Ruby answered to him and then Floryn floated towards the younger Paxley sibling and the Crisiant woman.

"Yup," she said with a small smile, "Release the tension, especially you, miss."

"I can handle myself pretty well, thank you." The golden brown-haired snapped, causing Gusion to slightly chuckle but not out of amusement, it was to pretend that nothing was going wrong.

"She's like that. Tired from our trip," he excused her while feeling the frown of the duke on the both of them. He grabbed his friend's arm, holding her back just in case but to his relief, she only remained by his side, avoiding the gaze from everyone.

Floryn blinked, stepping back from them with a questioning smile while her vixen-like pet trailed behind her. Then she nodded at her, "Of course. No problem."

Then she turned to Aamon, clapping her hands cheerfully, "Oh right. You are just in time for the town celebration!"

"Celebration?" The ash grey-haired man asked as the she nodded, floating around him. She locked gazes with the duke, a sweet smile at him. That smile was seemingly saccharine for Seraph who was watching, an alienish feeling in her heart.

In fact, Floryn looked beautiful. With her graceful movement, Seraph could compare her to a blooming flower in spring. Even her name sounded pretty, as if bestowed by the forces of nature.

And because of that, she felt conscious of herself. She felt inferior. It affected her to think that she couldn't even compare her mere presence to her.

In her perspective, it seemed that Aamon totally forget about her existence, about their endearing moments last night during the rain and in the confines of the Alaghat Empire. He was focused on talking with that strawberry blonde female, a smile making its way up on his face.

But then again, maybe Aamon didn't like or love her that way. She wished to throw herself into the Abyss because of that.

"Do you want me to show you around? Ruby will be busy for the rest of the time because of chores," Floryn suggested, floating too close to the Paxley. Gusion hardened his gaze at him, noticing the weighting emotion that was beginning to stack upon Seraphima.