Chapter Twenty Five: Ivan

"Yes, of course! Now tell me!" She practically yelled.

"It's in our vault. The dagger was deemed too dangerous, even with its special sheath. I'll take you to it in a bit," I smiled mischievously, scooping her up into my arms.

"Ivan! What are you doing?!" She screamed out, trying to struggle free. I tossed her onto the bed and grinned.

"I'm about to have my breakfast," I smirked and yanked the sheet away from her. "So fucking gorgeous," I growled as I buried my face between her legs.

~*~

After several hours of delicious distraction, it was time to retrieve the dagger for Eliana and prepare for the coronation ceremony. I took a deep breath and walked down to the vault. Several guards and enchantments protected the barrier. I made my way past them all, the guards instantly recognizing me. 

I entered the vault and began walking through the large aisles in search of the object I was looking for. The room was large, far larger than it appeared on the outside, but it had been built that way to hide its true purpose. I could feel the dark energy washing over me as I made my way further into the vault. This was where the darkest of artifacts and weapons were kept. 

I felt the dagger before I saw it, I was drawn to it. I felt my chest compress as if it was forcing all of the air from my body. It was the effect the dagger had when it wasn't suppressed properly in its sheath. I slowly approached the pedestal and lifted the sheath in my hands. I took a deep breath as I lifted the dagger and slipped it inside. 

Instantly I could breathe normally again, the pressure I felt in my chest was nothing but a distant memory. I do not know what purpose Eliana's dreams had bringing her this need for the dagger, but I trusted her judgment, even if I didn't like the path it led her on. Eliana of all people has more than earned my trust. 

I took a deep breath and made my way back up to our suite, where Eliana was currently preparing for the coronation with her lady's maids in our room. I had gathered my clothes into the guest room so that she could prepare in peace. 

As I slipped into the guest room, I felt the gravity of what we were about to do. It was one thing to become husband and wife. That decision was the easiest I have ever made in my entire life. I had known that no other person would bring me the kind of joy and love I felt with Eliana since the moment I met her. For the longest time, I felt that I didn't deserve it and that my burdens shouldn't be hers. It took me a while, but I finally came around. 

Becoming the king of Eluveria is an entirely different experience. All my life I have been groomed for this, forced down this path. I've only spent a single day as a newlywed with my beautiful wife, and now I would be forced to share her with the kingdom. As much as I loved my people, I wasn't quite sure that I was ready for that.