28

seth turned to face her quickly. she handed him the three tests. he looked down at them and they all read positive like he expected. he patted the seat beside him and sasha finally sat down. "sasha, i love you."

"and i love you." she said as she began to cry for like the millionth time today. she didn't know what to expect. while she and seth had been together for less than a year, that just shows that they didn't really know much about each other and maybe he didn't want this.

"i am okay with whatever you want to do, but i just want to tell you that i'm happy about this."

"you are?" sasha said leaning closer to him. he placed his hand on her cheek while his thumb wiped away her tears.

"of course i am. i couldn't imagine a better woman to have welcome my children into this world and i want this." he said, bringing her into a much needed hug. she sighed in relief. sure, she was on the fence, but hearing him say these words made it all more real for her. she did want this baby and she wanted it with him.

"me too." she whispered into his shoulder. a smile made its way back onto seth's face and sasha could tell. "i'm gonna be a mom."

"only the best mom on earth." he said making her laugh. they pulled away from the hug and sasha smiled, pecking his lips. "i hope it's a girl."

"why?"

"i dunno. i just feel like we should have a girl first." he shrugged making sasha laugh. she laid down on the couch, placing her head in his lap looking up at him.

"i think i want a girl too."

"yeah?" he asked, letting his hand find sasha's warm stomach. he caressed it softly as the couple's conversation progressed.

"yeah, then we can call her something cute. like ella." she said with a content smile.

"sasha, that is the cutest name i've ever heard." he said, smiling down at her. "what if it's a boy?"

"i think we should name him something short, like your name."

"with an s!"

"shia?" sasha asked and seth's eyes lit up. "damn i am killing this name picking thing."

"you definitely are." seth laughed. "i am so happy right now."

"same, baby, same." sasha said as she placed her hand on top of his. "are you free tomorrow?"

"i can be, why?"

"i'm gonna book an appointment with my OBGYN, the quicker the better, right?" she said and he nodded. it was pretty late, so sasha sent the office and email before her and seth got ready for bed.

in the morning, sasha had received an email back from her doctor telling her to come for one in the afternoon. she and seth had gotten their fifteen minutes before their appointment. "are you ready?"

"what is she gonna do to you?"

"you're so cute," sasha laughed as she turned her engine off. "she's just gonna confirm how far along i am and what we should do from here and then we'll book another appointment."

"okay." he said. they entered the office and were taken in immediately. sasha sat down on the table while seth stood beside her.

"miss banks, i didn't expect this to be our next visit." naomi laughed. naomi had been sasha's OBGYN for the last five years and sasha had never even mentioned a boyfriend much less a potential baby father. sasha and naomi were relatively closer than her and her other patients.

"me either, but it's a good kind of surprise." sasha said making seth smile. "but, this is seth."

"nice to meet you." naomi smiled. shaking his hand. he smiled back at her. "and you are the..?"

"boyfriend." he said with a nod making naomi smile.

"this baby is going to be beautiful." naomi laughed. "okay, lay down while i get the gel."

"is this gonna hurt you, sash?" seth whispered to her.

"no, but thanks for asking." sasha smiled, holding his hand. naomi returned with the gel, she squeezed some onto sasha's stomach as she listened around for a heard beat. soon a strong and steady heartbeat became audible to the entire room.

"well, there you have it, you are definitely pregnant. congratulations." naomi smiled brightly. "their heart beat sounds great, you baby looks very healthy. you are later than i expected though."

"is that a good or bad thing?" seth asked.

"well, let's do some blood tests to make sure that she's are healthy. from the sounds of it, she should be. you are 12 and a half weeks, so basically you are in your second trimester, you should start showing very soon. this is so exciting." naomi's said making sasha smile. she took sasha into the lab to take some blood while seth waited. they arrived back after about fifteen minutes. "it should be back in about ten minutes, but until then i can tell you more about what you should be doing at this point."

"great."

"there's nothing new per-say, but i need you to start taking pregnancy vitamins, please drink lots and lots of water and take walks. we talked about this last time, but i'll just say it again. a balanced diet is key here, no seafood, coffee, raw eggs or anything like that. now for the obvious, stay away from alcohol, cigarettes or anything related to those things."

"i can do that, but what about work, can i still go and for how long?" sasha asked, this was going to be a tough conversation with shawn.

"well, you need to keep your stress levels down, so only work during work hours, not at a home and only go in for as long as you can. sash, please know your limits." naomi says before her pager goes off. "your blood work is back." she says heading to the fax machine. a smile appeared on her face. "just as i suspected, you are doing just fine. congratulations to you both."

"thank you so much, dr.fatu." sasha says as she hugs her. "we'll make another appointment with cameron, i'll see you soon."

"bye you guys!"

sasha walked out of the office with a bright smile. "seth, we are gonna be parents!"

"i know, babe." he said with a smile back. "can i drive back?" he asked and sasha nodded. she pulled out her phone to text roman.

sasha [ 1:47 pm ]: i'm going to be a mom!

roman [ 1:48 pm ]: i'm so happy for you sis! love you!

a/n sasha pregnancy era begins! double update? who am i? lmao