18

sasha wanted the night to come to a close. she didn't bother him for the rest of the night. she simply worked harder than she had before. she was tired of disappointing him, she wanted him back. she needed him to know that, but right now he needed time and she understood that. she had finally finished, so she packed her bags up and headed for the door when lightning struck and all the lights went out. she yelped in shock. she quickly grabbed her phone for a flashlight, just to see that multiple trees had fallen down outside. she wanted to call roman, but all the service towers were down. 

"anyone there?" she heard seth call from behind her. he sounded scared.

"yeah, uh, it's just me, sorry to bother you." she said biting back tears. he walked closer to her and noticed her expression, his heart broke a bit. "i'll just wait in my office until the storm dies down." she added, walking past him with her head down. she didn't want pity, but she couldn't hide her sadness anymore. she was always ruining the good things in her life and it was just really hard to keep be reminded of it. 

she took off her heels and blazer, sitting down in the corner of her dark office with a frown. she didn't want to cry, so she wouldn't. time had passed and sasha grew angsty. she needed to walk around, maybe even run. she knew it was only her and seth left in the building, so she was not leaving her office, but it was big enough to stretch her legs a bit. she paced around her room, trying to escape the fact that the man she really wanted to kiss was a few feet away from her. she also had to out run her hunger, she had not eaten since around eleven in the afternoon, so she honestly, was starving.

she heard a light knock on her wall. she sharply turned around. it was seth, as expected, but she couldn't even begin to guess what he was going to say. "hi." she said lowly. she stopped her pacing in the middle of the room, turning to fully give him her attention.

"are you okay?"

"huh?" she said with a confused expression. surely, she wasn't okay, but she couldn't have him pity her. "i gues-"

"i mean with the storm and all, in the dark.." he trailed off in a nervous tone making sasha realize. seth was scared, scratch that, he was terrifed. he was shaking. she walked up closer to him and reached out to touch his shaking hands and surprisingly, he let her. he wasn't pulling away nor was he protesting. 

"seth, what's happening to you?"

"i'm scared of storms, sash." he said, breathing heavily. she didn't know what to say, she was not expecting that answer. seth pulled her into a hug that caught her by surprise, but she hugged back. she wasn't sure what to do, but she did know she needed to calm him down.

"look, we'll be okay, i swear." she said, rubbing his back in circles trying to steady his breathing, she had never seen anyone this scared in her entire life. she sat him down on the ground with her. "let's talk about something!" she said hoping to get a response, but she got nothing, he just held her tightly close to him, burying his head in her neck. she sighed, patting down his hair gently whispering calming words until he finally did. he gently released her, looking back up into her eyes. he tried to remind himself why he shouldn't kiss her, but it wasn't working. he wanted to be with her and although her indecisiveness was killing him, nothing could render the way he feels about her. 

sasha tried to pull herself from his gaze knowing that he was in a vulnerable state, but it wasn't helping either. she wanted to kiss him, she knew he felt the same. they were two grown adults, they knew the consequences of their actions, so when he pulled her in for a kiss, she didn't resist. their lips moved in sync, in longingness. she missed this, she craved this. he held her in his lap with such care, that she forgot about the chaos that was going on outside. nothing else existed expect him and her. her arms found their way around his neck as the kiss intensified. he slipped his tongue in causing her to gasp. he missed this, kissing her was one of the things he enjoyed most in his life today, he hated that things got complicated in the first place.

they pulled away slowly and out of breath. 

"sasha, we have t-"

"yeah." she said bowing her head in shame. "we have to stop. i know, but can't you see i'm trying? god, seth i like you too, okay? i want to give this a go. you and me. i've really missed you and it hurts to know that you're upset with me, you're one of the greatest people i've ever met and i know i screwed up, but please, give me one more chance."

"i was going to say we need to talk." he said holding back a smile. "but, i guess you just did all the talking yourself, big mouth." he said finally letting himself smile.

"shut up!" she said playfully punching him. she let herself looked into the brown eyes that she hadn't seen in weeks. she went week in the knees. this man still liked her, even after all the damage she had caused, he still liked her. "i really have missed you, seth."

"that's good to know." he said with a bright smile. she pulled her in close again. "because i've missed you too." seth added, pulling her into a hug. he held her tightly in his arms and only then did she finally let herself cry. he tried to let go to look at her, but she only held on tighter. losing seth on the day that she did, destroyed her, followed up by weeks alone, barley seeing roman, she's been bottling up these tears. 

"please don't leave again. i swear, i'll try to do more, give you more, just don't leave."

"i won't."

a/n finally found some inspo because im currently crying lmfaoo hope yall enjoyed this. im prolly gonna pull an all nighter so, ill be writing a lot, might update twice later byeeeee