Chapter 3

Rip's POV
(A Month Later)
Kayce brought a new horse to the ranch this morning and this thing is wild. "We are going to have fun breaking this one." I tell Kayce as he gets the horse in the corral. We stand on the other side of the fence and watch as the horse runs and bucks around. "Once it calms down a little, I'll get in there and give it a go." I say as I adjust my sunglasses. "So, how's it going with Miranda? I know her last show  for a while was last night." Kayce asks. "We've spent the last few weeks talking every night and texting when we can. She had to reschedule a few shows because of some bad storms or she would have been done 3 weeks ago. She is supposed to be here day after tomorrow." I tell him, trying not to show him I'm as excited as a school girl being asked to prom. "I'm happy for you man. You deserve to find someone that is going to make you happy. Especially after everything with you and Beth." "Yeah, I have a feeling having Miranda and Beth on the same ranch is gonna be interesting.' I say with a laugh. "Yeah, good luck with that. I'm gonna go grab a saddle for this horse." Kayce says, walking towards the barn.

Miranda's POV
I just landed in Montana and I'm waiting for Monica to get here to pick me up. I'm here a couple days early to surprise Rip. I  just couldn't wait any longer to see him. I messaged Monica on Facebook, since I didn't have her number, a few days ago and set everything up. I just got my bag from baggage claim when I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see Monica smiling. "I didn't want to shout and call your name. You're on vacation." "Thank you. I appreciate that." I say as she helps me with my stuff and we walk to her car. "Does Rip have any idea that you're coming?" "No, I told him I had to finish a couple things in the studio before I could leave town. That's where he thinks I am now." I say with a smile. "Perfect. I haven't said anything to anyone because I didn't want them to ruin it."

After almost 2 hours, we are finally pulling up to the gates of the ranch. I can't get over how beautiful it is here. As we are driving up to what Monica is calling the main house, she points to the corral and tells me that's where Rip and Kayce are. "Want to walk down there with me?  I'm nervous." I say with a laugh. "Of course. I'm always down to see my husband. We can leave your bags in the car and I'll help you get them later. I nod my head and we both get out of the car and start walking to the horse corral.

Monica and I get to the corral and I see Rip riding a horse , and he's bucking like crazy. "Hey! What are y'all doing?" Monica asks as we walk up and stand next to Kayce. "Well, Rip is trying to break this horse. He is gonna lose his mind when he sees you. How are you girl?" Kayce asks as he hugs me. "I'm good. And I hope when you say 'lose his mind' that's a good thing." "It is." Kayce says with a laugh.

Rip's POVI've been riding this horse for almost 2 hours and I've had enough

Rip's POV
I've been riding this horse for almost 2 hours and I've had enough. "Kayce, it's your turn to ride this damn horse. I need a break." I say as I get off the horse. I turn to start walking the horse over to Kayce when I see Monica there with him. I look to Monica's left and I instantly  freeze in place. I see Miranda standing there. I can't stop the smile from spreading across my face as I walk the horse the rest of the way to Kayce before climbing over the fence and standing in front of Miranda. "I don't know about you, but I've been waiting almost a month to do this." I put my hands on each side of her face and crush my lips to hers. "I got this Rip. Y'all can head up to your house for a bit. See y'all at the main house for dinner." Kayce says patting my back. "Lead the way cowboy." Miranda says as I grab her hand and lead her up to my house.
"I hope you don't mind me showing up early." Miranda says as we walk up my porch steps. " I don't mind at all. I'm glad you are here." I tell her with a smirk. We get to my front door, and I gently push her up against the door before laying my lips on hers. "I'm glad I'm here too baby." She says as we pull away. "Call me that again." "Call you want?' She asks with a smile. "Baby." "Ok, baby." We both smile and I lean down and kiss her again before we go inside.

Miranda's POVRip and I have spent the last couple hours talking and enjoying each other's company

Miranda's POV
Rip and I have spent the last couple hours talking and enjoying each other's company. "You getting hungry baby? It's time to head down to the main house for dinner." Rip says getting up off the couch. "I'm a Southern girl. I'm always down to eat." I tell him laughing. We both grabbed another beer and made the walk to the main house. When we walked in, everyone came up and gave me a hug. Well, except Beth. She sat across the table from me and glared the whole time. Rip could sense the tension because he reached down and put his hand on my leg. "I'm sorry honey, but do we have a problem?" I ask, looking right at Beth. "No, not yet." She says before shit hits the fan.