Chapter 9

Miranda's POV
I've been living in Montana for the last few weeks and I'm loving every second of it. I wake up every morning and sit out on the front porch with Rip and drink coffee before he heads down for work. Rip went to work a few hours ago and I have decided that I'm going to head down to the barn and get one of my horses out and go for a ride. I walk into the barn and see Rip and Lloyd in there giving hay to the horses. "Well, what are y'all doing in here?" I ask with a smile as I walk towards them. Rip turns and looks at me with a smile.  "We have a big storm coming in so we are getting the horses settled before calling it a day. Storm should be here in a couple hours." He says kissing my cheek. "What are you doing down here?" He asks. "I was coming to ride one of the horses but since there is a storm coming, what can I do to help?"

About an hour later, we can see the storm clouds rolling in. The horses are fed and in the stables, the cows are taken care of, and everything is tied down. "Baby, I'm gonna head back to the house and make sure that everything is taken care of up there. Be there soon?" I told Rip as he was closing the barn doors. "Yeah, let me tell the guys to get to the bunkhouse and then I'll be there. I'd say 15 minutes." I nod my head and start walking back to the house. I get about halfway there and I start feeling raindrops.

Rip's POV
I"m walking back to the house and the rain starts pouring. We got done with everything just in time. I'm almost to the porch when I see Miranda curled up in one of the chairs on the porch with her song book. I can't help the smile that comes across my face. She looks up and sees me walking up the front porch steps and gets up to welcome me home. She stretches on her tip toes to give me a kiss. "Go put on some dry clothes and come out here and join me. I wanna watch the rain." I kiss her again before walking inside.

After changing, I walk outside and Miranda looks at me with a smile

After changing, I walk outside and Miranda looks at me with a smile. I sit down in the chair next to her and she gets up and walks over to me, straddling my lap. " I thought you wanted to watch the rain." I say with a chuckle. "The rain is nice but I like this view better." She says, leaning down to kiss me roughly." "I could get used to coming home to this everyday." "I think I might be able to manage that." She says kissing me again.

(The Next Morning)
Miranda's POV
I wake up this morning to the smell of breakfast coming from downstairs. I put on one of Rip's button up shirts that's on the floor. I walk down the stairs and see Rip in the kitchen. "What are you doing here? I figured you would be down working." I ask walking up behind him and wrapping my arms around him. "It's still raining pretty good so we are getting a late start. I'll go down there later so we can check the animals." He turns the stove off before turning around and kissing me. "You hungry baby girl?"

We are eating in a comfortable silence and listening to the rain and thunder

We are eating in a comfortable silence and listening to the rain and thunder. "Baby, I've been thinking about something." Rip says, breaking the silence. "About what baby?" "Let's get married. I want you to be my wife."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know this is a short chapter and it's not the best, but I'm hoping that the writer's block is subsiding and that the chapters will get better. Do you think it's too soon for Rip and Miranda to get married? What will Beth think?