Chapter 8

Rip's POV
(A Month Later)
Today, Miranda will be here with all her stuff and her horses. It has taken her a couple days to get here, but she should be here in about an hour. "Lloyd, Miranda will be here in about an hour. Are the stalls ready in the barn?" I ask as I walk into the bunkhouse. "Yeah, they are cleaned and have fresh hay in there." Lloyd tells me as he takes a bite of his sandwich. The bunkhouse guys got the day off today so we could all be available to unload. I'm standing there wringing my hands together and I notice Lloyd looking at me funny. "What?" I ask. "Why are are you nervous?" He asked with a smirk. "I haven't felt this way about anybody since I met Beth all those years ago. I love Miranda and I just want her to be happy." About that time, I look up and see Miranda pulling in.

Miranda's POV
I pull into the ranch and see all the guys walking towards my truck. I put the truck in park and open the door as Rip walks up. "That has to be the sexiest thing I have ever seen." He says with a smile. "What's that?" I ask as I kiss him once, twice, three times. "A pretty girl like  you pulling a trailer and backing it up to the barn better than half of these guys." "I'm so happy to be here baby. Let me help these guys get my horses settled and then we can head up to the house and unload boxes out of the bed?" I tell him pulling away. "Ok baby." Rip kisses me one more time before we head into the barn.

I'm in the house unpacking boxes and hanging up my clothes

I'm in the house unpacking boxes and hanging up my clothes. I step into the kitchen to grab a beer out of the fridge and then I jump up on the counter and look out the kitchen window at the mountains. I'm gonna love it here. I'm gonna love doing life with Rip. It's going to be really hard to get back in the studio and back out on the road, but luckily have a couple months before I have to think about that.

Rip's POV
I decided to call it a day and head to the house to check on Miranda. As I'm walking up the front porch steps , I can hear Loretta Lynn playing through the speakers and Miranda's voice coming through the open living room windows. I can't help but smile as I walk through the door and see her in the kitchen, cleaning up the dishes that I had left in there the last couple of days, wearing a pair of short shorts and a tank top showing off just a little bit of her stomach. She turned around and smiled when she heard me come in.

Miranda's POVI heard Rip walk in and I turned around and smiled

Miranda's POV
I heard Rip walk in and I turned around and smiled. "Hey there Cowboy." I say, drying my hands off before walking over to him. "This is something I could get used to." He says, wrapping his arms around me. "What? Me doing the dishes?" I ask with a laugh. "No, coming home to you and being able to wrap my arms around you." He says as he leans down and kisses me. "Well, I'm not going anywhere baby. This is where I want to be." I tell him, pulling away and grabbing his hand and heading towards the stairs. "What are you up to?" H asks with a smirk. "I'm taking you to OUR room. I've been waiting all day to get you alone." As soon as those words left my mouth, he picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder and carried me to the bedroom. If I have my way, this is where we will spend the rest of the night.