Chapter 5

Rip's POV
Miranda has been here for almost a week now. I have loved having her here more that I ever imagined. She has gotten up with me almost every morning and helped on the ranch. Anything from working horses, to feed in them, to helping us move cattle. The smile has never left her face. This morning I wake up and get dressed and walk downstairs and see Miranda in the kitchen cooking breakfast. "Good morning darlin." I tell her as I walk up to her and kiss her on the cheek before pouring myself some coffee. "Good morning baby." She says returning the smile and fixing my plate. "You gonna come down and work with me today?" "Actually, I thinkI'm going to skip today. I'm going to go with Monica when she takes Tate to school, and we are going to have a girl's day in town. Have lunch, do some shopping, and we are going to go to the grocery store so I can get stuff to cook you an amazing dinner when you get home. ." She says as she walks around the counter and walks behind me and wraps her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek. "Oh, well I look forward to that."

Miranda's POVAfter breakfast, I sent Rip off to work and cleaned the kitchen

Miranda's POV
After breakfast, I sent Rip off to work and cleaned the kitchen. When I was done, I walked down to the main house to meet up with Monica. She got Tate loaded in the car and took him to school and now we are headed into town. "So what exactly are we shopping for today?" Monica asks while she drives. "I want tonight to go perfectly. I know that I sound all cheesy and girly but even though I've only known him for a short time, I already see a future with him. I want to find some simple but sexy lingerie and I wanna cook him a steak dinner. He works so hard deserves it." I tell her as I blush a little. I never talk to other girls like this.

When we pull into town, Monica pulls up to a little boutique. "This place has the cutest lingerie. This is whereI buy the stuff that I wear for Kayce sometimes. I'll help you find the perfect one." She says excitedly. We both laugh as we get out of the car and walk inside. I look around for what feels like forever and I find nothing. At least nothing that I liked enough to consider perfect. "Randa." I hear Monica call me by the nickname that Tate gave me. "I think I found the perfect one." She holds up a black lingerie dress with lace at the top that will show just enough cleavage  and it has an open back and goes to about mid thigh. I look at Monica and smile. "You're right. That's perfect." I quickly check out and then we head to have lunch and hit the grocery store before picking up Tate and heading back to the ranch.

We get back to the ranch and I see Rip leaning on the fence just looking out at the land. "Thank you for today Monica. It was so much fun." I tell her with a smile. "Yes it was. We will have to do it again before you leave. Now go and check on him, and tonight will go perfect, don't worry." I give her another smile before I grab my boys and I start walking in Rip's direction. "Why does my cowboy look so down?" I ask as I walk up behind him. "Just admiring the scenery baby. It's even better now that you are here." Rip says turning around and wrapping his arms around my waist. "What's in the bags?" He asks trying to peek. "I guess you will have to wait and see. I', going to head up to the house. I'll see you in a couple hours." I lean up and kiss him soft and slow  before giving him a smile and a wink and walking off.

Rip's POVI'm walking back up to the house and I can see Miranda moving around in the kitchen

Rip's POV
I'm walking back up to the house and I can see Miranda moving around in the kitchen. The thought of coming home to her everyday makes me feel things that I didn't know I could. I walk up the front porch steps and I can smell dinner cooking. I open the door and walk in and Miranda is in the kitchen finishing up dinner. "Hey baby. You are just in time. Dinner is almost done." She tells me with a smile. I hang my hat on the hook before walking over and giving her a kiss. "I smells amazing." "Have a seat cowboy and I'll fix your plate." I sit down at the kitchen island after washing my hands. Miranda opens the fridge and gets us both a beer, and the she fixes us each a plate before coming and sitting next to me. "Damn baby. This is the best steak I've ever had. It's all so good." I tell her as I put another piece of steak in my mouth. "Well, eat up cowboy. I have another surprise for you after dinner."

We cleaned the kitchen and head upstairs to the room. "Give me a minute to shower baby." I tell Miranda as I walk towards the bathroom. "Take your time babe." She says as she digs through her bag. I quickly take a shower and when I get outI see Miranda standing in the doorway in a black, silky, sexy night gown. 

"Damn baby

"Damn baby." "I wouldn't even bother getting dressed cowboy." She says as she walks up to me and plays with the towel  around my waist. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask her. "Oh yeah, I'm sure." She says with a wink. I crash my lips into hers and swiftly lift her p so she had to wrap her legs around my waist. I carry her into the bedroom and gently lay her on the bed. As she starts pulling at the towel on my waist, I'm sliding her straps down and hiking the gown up. "God, I want you baby." I say to her in between kisses. "You have me baby." And that was all it took for me to love on her all night.