Chapter 12 (Part 1)

Miranda's POV
"Welcome to the big city of Nashville, hubby!" I said as we got of the plane. We walked through the airport  and headed towards baggage claim. Once we got our bags , we went and picked up our rental car. "Do you want me to drive, baby?" Rip asked with a smile. "Sure baby." I handed him the keys  and he loaded our bags. When he got in, I gave him the directions to the hotel . "What's the first thing you wanna do?" I ask him as he drives. He just looked at me and winked  before laughing  and putting his eyes back on the road. "I like where your head is at Cowboy."

Rip's POVMiranda and I are laying in bed trying to catch our breath

Rip's POV
Miranda and I are laying in bed trying to catch our breath. I roll over on my side  and place my hand on her still flat stomach. "I never even thought about having kids. Never even knew I wanted them until you told me you were pregnant." I told her honestly. She put her hand on top of mine. "Are you ok with this? The baby?" She asks slightly concerned. "Oh baby, I'm beyond ok with this." I leaned down and kissed her belly before going back and kissing her lips. The kiss got heated and lead right into round two.

We just finished getting dressed and getting ready to head out for dinner and a night out

We just finished getting dressed and getting ready to head out for dinner and a night out. Miranda said she wanted to take me out and show me Broadway. "Man, my husband sure looks handsome. I'm one lucky girl." She says as she walks up and wraps her arms around me. "Nah, I'm the lucky one baby." I kissed her softly. "You look absolutely beautiful." "Thank you. You ready to go?" She asks with a smile. I nod my head and we head out the door.

The first place we go is a place called Winners

The first place we go is a place called Winners. "I figured we could have a burger at Winners and then head over to Losers for some dancing and then go from there." Miranda says as we walk through the doors of Winners. "There is a bar called Winners and a bar called Losers?" I asked with a laugh. "Yeah! They are two of my favorite places to go when I am in Nashville." Seeing her so happy made me realize just how happy she is to be here and that makes me more excited to call this place home too.

Miranda's POV
We had just finished dinner at Winners and we are now walking next door to Losers for some dancing. When we walk in, they are playing 'Still the One' by Shania Twain. I lead Rip straight to the dance floor. I'm singing along with the song and Rip is smiling down at me. I can see people holding up their phones and taking pictures. I take this as a sign to ask Rip a question that has been weighing on my mind. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" "What do you mean baby?" He asks confused. "Life is going to be different here. Especially when we decided to announce the baby. People are going to be coming up to me and asking for pictures and all that stuff. I guess I just want to make sure that you are ready for that." I tell him with a sad smile. "Baby, I knew what I was getting into when I proposed. Everything is going to be fine. People can take pictures all they want." Rip leans down and kisses me. We spent the rest of the night dancing at Losers, Tootsies, Honky Tonk Central, and Stages.