Chapter 13

Rip's POV
It's been a few days since we got back from Nashville, and I still haven't told anyone that we are leaving. I'm sitting out on the porch steps, drinking my coffee, before I go start work for the day. My train of thought is broken when my wife comes and sits next to me. "Baby, what are you doing out of bed?" I ask her as I turn to look at her. "I'm just checking on you. I know that you are nervous about talking to John and the guys about leaving. You know that we don't have to go, right? I love it here too and we can just do what we originally planned." Miranda says, looking me in the eyes and putting a gentle hand on my face. "I want to go baby. I want to live on our own ranch with you and our baby. This is just the only place I've ever known since I was 16. It's just a little bittersweet." I put my hand on her little baby bump and lean down to kiss her. "I gotta get down there and get started, but come find me when you get back from the doc ok?" "Ok baby, I love you." "I love you too."

It's almost lunch time and I've been working up the nerve to talk to John all morning

It's almost lunch time and I've been working up the nerve to talk to John all morning. I look over to the main house and see him sitting on the porch. Here goes nothing. I started walking up the hill and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to say. "Do you have a minute sir?" I ask as I reach the porch. John looks up at me and nods. "Have a seat Rip. I'm all ears." I sat down in the chair next to him and let out a long breath. "Well, you know that while Miranda and I were in Nashville we looked at some houses." John nodded so I continued. "We found one that we love and we bought it. I have never seen Miranda's eyes light up the way they did when we pulled up to that house. Even I can see us raising our family there. Miranda and I talked about it, and we are going to move to Nashville permanently." I looked over at John and he smiled. "Good. It's about time that you go and start your own ranch. You deserve it and I will help you get started anyway that I can. You're a damn good man Rip and you are getting the life you always deserved."

Miranda's POV
I just left the doctor and I can't wait to get home to Rip. I was able to find out the sex of the baby today and I can't wait to tell him. I know he's been a little stressed about telling John that we are leaving, so I know that he could use a pick me up. I pull into the ranch and see Rip walking down the hill from the main house. I stopped and rolled my window down as he walked up to my truck. "Hey baby. How was the doctor appointment?" He asks as he leans in the window of the truck to kiss me. "It went really well. The baby is healthy and growing right on track. I found out what we are having." I said with a smile. Rip smiled. "Is it what I thought it was going to be?" "We are having a girl!" I said, nodding my head excitedly. Rip opened the door to the truck and gently helped me out. He wrapped me in a hug before pulling back to kiss my lips. "Ellie June Wheeler." I said her name that we had picked out while we were in Nashville, and Rip had a huge grin on his face. "We can tell everyone tonight at dinner before John breaks the news that we are leaving." Rip tells me. "So, I take it the conversation went well?" Rip nodded. I let out an excited squeal and kissed him again. "You know, I'm gonna have to make the pregnancy announcement on the internet too. Especially with us going back to Nashville." "We can do that after dinner if you want." He says, giving me a reassuring smile. I nod my head as I kiss him again. "I'll let you get back to work and I'll see you before dinner." Rip helps me back into the truck and we go our separate ways.

We are all up at the main house getting ready to sit down for dinner when Rip lets out a big whistle to get everyone's attention

We are all up at the main house getting ready to sit down for dinner when Rip lets out a big whistle to get everyone's attention. "Miranda and I have something that we all want you to know. She went to the doctor this morning and the baby is perfect and healthy." He says before smiling down at me and nodding for me to tell them the rest. "And we found out that we are having a baby girl." Monica squeals and claps and runs over to hug me. Shortly after, everyone else starts coming up to hug us. "Do y'all have a name picked out?" Monica asks as Kayce wraps his arm around her shoulders. "Ellie June Wheeler." I tell her. "I love it. It's beautiful." She says as we all sit down for dinner.

"Before everyone leaves tonight, I have something that I need to announce to you all

"Before everyone leaves tonight, I have something that I need to announce to you all." John says, as he stands up at the head of the table. I feel Rip tense up next to me and I reach over to grab his hand. "While Rip and Miranda were in Nashville, they found a house out on some land that they fell in love with. Rip came to me this afternoon and told me that they bought the house and that he and Miranda will be making that their forever home and will be raising their family there. I have offered to help him any way I can to get his ranch started out there and I expect you all to respect our decisions." I looked around the room and most of them looked happy for us and offered their support and help. What I wasn't expecting, was for Beth to come around the table and hug me. I looked at her shocked as the whole room grew quiet. "Thank you for giving him everything I couldn't. I'm truly happy for y'all and wish you nothing but the best." And then she stood up and walked out of the room, leaving all of our jaws on the floor.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry that it has taken so long for me to update. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'm hoping to have another one up this week. LOVE Y'ALL!!!!