Chapter 7

John's POV
I'm sitting in my office at the ranch when I see Rip standing in the doorway. "Come on in Son." I tell him as I point to the chair across the desk from me. "What's on your mind?" I ask as he sits down. "I just want to run something by you sir." I nod my head for him to continue. "Miranda and I have been talking about something for a little over a week now and I don't want to do anything without talking to you. She's unhappy living in Nashville. She told me that she loves life here on the ranch and loves being around everyone here and neither one of us like being apart more than we have to be. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if you would be ok with her moving here and living on the ranch." Rip asks nervously. "Rip, I told you that she was welcome here anytime. I'm fine with her moving here. What do we need to do to get her here?"

Rip's POV
"What do we need to do to get her here?" John asks. "I know she has her three horses that she will want to bring and whatever belongings she wants to bring with her." I tell him. "Her horses can go in the new barn. There is plenty of room in there. You guys work out the details and let me know. I'll be happy to have her here." "Thank you sir." I stand up and walk out of his office. I decide that I'll call Miranda later this afternoon so we can figure out when and how we are going to do this. I walk down to the barn to rally up the guys and we head out to move the cows to another pasture.

(Later That Night)
I sit down on the porch with my beer after a long day. I pull up Miranda's number and hit call, hoping that I catch her before she walks on stage. "Hey baby!" I hear her say excitedly when she answers. "Hey dear. I won't keep you long, I just wanted to tell you the good news." "John is ok with me moving there?" "Yes baby he is." I tell her with a smile. "We just have to let him know when you're coming so things can be ready for you and the horses." I continue. "I have about a month left of this tour. I think when I'm done that I will move then. I won't have to rush that way and will have time to get settled." She tells me. "I think that sounds like a good idea." I say as I hear someone call her name. "I have to hit the stage babe. I will call you when I'm done. I love you." "I love you too. Kick ass babe." "I always do." She says with a laugh before we hang up.

Miranda's POV(1 Week Later)Tonight I have a show in Salt Lake City

Miranda's POV
(1 Week Later)
Tonight I have a show in Salt Lake City. I tried to talk Rip into coming to this show but he said that he couldn't get away this time. I'm kind of bummed but I understand. I'm in my dressing room, waiting for a stagehand to come get me, when there is a knock at the door. "Come in." I say, standing up to get ready to head to the stage. As I turn around, I see Rip standing there. "Baby! What are you doing here?" I say excitedly as I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to see you. Come here, I want to show you something real quick." I take his hand and he leads me out of the dressing room. As we walk out of the room I see John, Kayce, Monica, Tate, Jamie, and surprisingly Beth. "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy to see y'all." I say as I start hugging everyone. "Hi Beth." I say as I reach her, not sure what is going to happen. "Hi Miranda. I just want to apologize for everything. I've talked to Daddy and Rip and realize that I need to let go. I look forward to you being on the ranch. We need more women around there." "Thank you." I say to her as I'm being called to the stage. "I'll see y'all after the show." I kiss Rip before quickly walking away.

I'm so happy to see Rip and everyone that I'm putting on my best show yet. I look over to the wing looking for Rip and get surprised all over again when I see Lloyd, Jimmy, and the other bunkhouse guys. I decide that now is a good time to play the new song I just wrote. I let the band know before turning and talking to the crowd. "This next song, is a song that I wrote a few weeks ago on a ranch in Montana. It's called Settling Down and I hope you guys like it."

"Should I give up sunsets for marigold mornings?Should I look for rainbows or wait for the rain?Is happiness on the highway or is it parked in the driveway?Should I lean on you, babe, or should you lean on me?"

Should I look for rainbows or wait for the rain?
Is happiness on the highway or is it parked in the driveway?
Should I lean on you, babe, or should you lean on me?"

The whole time I'm singing the song, I keep looking at Rip. This is the man I've been waiting for. I'm so ready to move to the Yellowstone Ranch with him. I wrap up the song and finish my show before rushing backstage and wrapping my arms around Rip. I turn to look at John. "Thank you for agreeing to me moving, I'm so excited." "I wouldn't have it any other way. You are family now." I spent the rest of my night with them and planning for the move. I can't wait to see what happens next.