Chapter 1

Rip's POV
"Fellas, we've all been working hard the last few months. I know that I don't this often, but tonight we are all going to the music festival in town. I got us all tickets. Get ready, we leave in an hour." John says to me and the rest of the guys. All the guys cheer and we all start getting ready to go. I shower and put on my best shirt and hat and head down to the main house with Kayce. "I wonder what go into my dad that brought this on." Kayce said as we are walking. "I'm not sure but I won't complain." I say with a laugh.

We walk up to the steps of the main house about the time that Beth walks out the door with Kayce's wife, Monica. "Here you go guys. VIP and backstage passes." Monica says as she hands us the passes. As all the other guys come up, she hands them their passes as well. "Everybody load up! Time to go!" John yells as he walks out, and we all pile into the trucks and head out.

About an hour and half later, we were pulling up to the music festival. We all got out of the trucks and made our way to the entrance. We showed our passes and security let us right in. Me, Kayce, Monica, and Jamie went to walk around and get some beer. As we were walking, Monica points over to our right. "That's Miranda Lambert." I had never heard of Miranda Lambert before but when I looked over to where she was, I could not deny that she was beautiful. I followed Monica and them over there to say hi. We all introduced ourselves to her and I couldn't help but smile when I heard that Southern accent say, "Hey y'all! I'm Miranda."

Miranda's POV
"Hey y'all! I'm Miranda." As I was sitting and talking to this group of people, I couldn't quit staring at the quiet one kind of hiding behind them. I think he said his name was Rip. I really liked that name. I talked to them for a few minutes until it was time for my meet and greets. "I have to get going to my meet and greets but y'all come back and have a beer with me after the show." They turn to walk off, but not before Rip and I turn to take one more look at each other.
I was walking back from meet and greets when I saw the group from earlier standing side stage talking to Luke Bryan and his wife Caroline. I walk over there and stand next to Rip and reach over to hug Caroline. "Hey guys! Y'all gonna stay back here and watch my set? I go on in 5." I ask the whole group. "Yeah that sounds fun." Monica says. "Miranda, this is my dad John and my sister Beth." Kayce says, pointing to the two people standing to his left. "Nice to meet you guys. I have to go get hooked up. Y'all can meet me right here after the set and we can all hang out. See y'all in a bit." I say, hugging Caroline and Luke and giving Rip a pat on the arm before turning and walking away.

" I say, hugging Caroline and Luke and giving Rip a pat on the arm before turning and walking away

I walk out on stage as the band starts playing Fastest Girl In Town. I'm looking out at the crowd as I'm singing the first few lines. I see Rip and the rest of them standing in the wing. I look over and see Beth leaning over and talking to Rip. I'm not sure why but I feel this ping of jealousy in my stomach. I try to shake it off and put my all into my show.

Rip's POV
We are watching Miranda's show, and Beth keeps leaning over to talk to me. "Beth, I'm just trying to enjoy the show. Can we talk about this later? I just want to enjoy my night." I tell her as nicely as I can and then turn back to watch the show. I can tell that pissed Beth off, but I don't have the time for it now. 30 minutes later, Miranda walks off stage and we all head backstage to meet up with her. As we are walking, Beth comes up and grabs my hand. As we walk up to Miranda, I let go of Beth's hand and moved closer to the guys. Right now, I only have my eyes on Miranda.

(A Couple Hours Later)
Miranda's POV
I've been hanging with the Dutton's and Rip for a couple of hours now. I've noticed that Rip and I keep moving closer to each other, and that girl Beth, has been giving me the evil eye all night. I'm not sure if something is going on between her and Rip, but right now I don't have time to worry about that. It's time to roll out. I'm walking around giving out hugs and telling everyone goodbye, purposely leaving Rip for last. I walk over to where Rip and Kayce are standing, I hug Kayce, and he walks off and I look over to Rip. "Here's my number. I expect to hear from you soon." I say with a wink before walking off and heading to the bus.