14 ━ bye matt

━

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Bye Matt

HARLEY SAT IN English, writing down notes as Miss Blake walked down the aisles. She looked up every now and then hoping Kelly would appear randomly and start playing 80s or 90s music to make things amusing. She was disappointed every time. She hadn't seen her friend since that day in her room.

Stiles incessantly tapped his pencil in the seat in front of her. In the last week, she had learned he constantly did this when he was bored and needed a way to entertain himself.

Knowing what was about to happen next, Harley couldn't help but smile. She could always count on Stiles for providing some form of entertainment whether it was intentional or not. She grabbed an extra pencil from her bag. She found it next to the calculus notes Lydia had given to her and held it out. The sound of Stiles' pencil snapping echoed the room followed by a pained sound from the boy that sounded like a dying cat.

"Hey, Ghost Girl, can I borrow a– oh thanks!"

"Moron." Harley laughed.

Stiles smiled to himself. Since Boyd died, he hadn't heard her laugh. And in that moment he realised if it took him being a moron to hear it, he'd gladly be a moron for the rest of his life.

He glanced back at her. "Don't make me break your pencil."

"Quippy, if you break it you won't have anything to write with because I won't give you another one. And you won't have any notes. And I won't give you mine either."

That shut the boy up. Harley grinned in satisfaction.

"Did you miss me, Harley?"

She froze, the smile on her face instantly dropping. Some stupid part of her thought she was free from this person. She allowed her guard to drop. And she wouldn't be making that mistake again. She gripped her pen so tightly her hand was shaking.

Matt laughed. He leaned down, his mouth a few centimetres away from the shell of her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "I guess that's a yes."

She snapped her pen in half.

"Harls," Scott's voice called from beside her, hearing her heartbeat pick up. "What's wrong?"

"He's here." Harley informed blankly, her eyes glued to the blackboard at the front of the classroom.

"That's right." Matt smiled sadistically. "You've befriended these two idiots." He nodded to Lydia and Allison in the seats on her left. "And these two bitches."

"Jesus, how is he not in hell yet? Hey, you little creep, no one wants you here." Stiles hissed as he looked around the room. "Even dead, you're fucking annoying."