10 ━ bus rides

━

CHAPTER TEN
Bus Rides

HARLEY SAT IN her seat on the bus, tiredly leaning her head on the window. It was the day of the cross-country meet and Harley was exhausted. Now she had to endure 5 hours in a humid school bus.

After the other night of driving around Beacon Hills trying to see if she could find Derek's ghost, she was exhausted. She went to the abandoned mall the fight between the Alphas and the others had taken place. She went to the Hale house. She went to the hideout he, Isaac, Erica, and Boyd were occupied in last year. She went to his loft. She went anywhere she could think of. She couldn't find him.

She looked at Isaac and Boyd who sat a couple of rows in front of her. They had been suspiciously quiet. Michael was sat on the other side of his bus with other freshmen laughing and joking around, Harley was glad to see he was finally making some friends in high school.

Ethan was sat a couple of rows in front of her cousin next to Danny. The sight of the Alpha nearly made Harley want to use her new Chinese ring daggers on the living. They wouldn't make him disappear but they'd give him one hell of a cut. The blades were safely back in her boots, ready for her to use.

Dax had left that morning and Harley tried not to feel to upset. She knew his job wasn't an easy one but that didn't make her any less sad whenever he left. She enjoyed spending time with him. He was like Santa Claus, only appearing once a year but you'd count down the days to see him. She was just glad that this time he left his phone number.

Harley climbed over the rows in front of her and leaned her head between Isaac and Boyd. She didn't miss the way they kept glancing back at Ethan with disdain and revenge in their eyes. "If you guys plan on going all Wolverine could you give me a heads up so I can jump out the bus? I don't really feel like getting blood on my hoodie. My dad bought it for me."

She was wearing an oversized light blue hoodie over her black workout shirt and leggings.

"We're not gonna go all Wolverine." Isaac insisted. He then looked at Boyd. "Right, Boyd?"

"Speak for yourself." Boyd said bitterly.

Isaac turned to Harley and raised his eyebrows. "Well, I'm not gonna go all Wolverine."

Harley grinned widely as she hugged him from behind. "Thanks, Isaac."

"Get off." Isaac grumbled as he shoved her arms off, but Harley could have sworn she saw a ghost of a smile on his face.

As Harley spun around to return to her seat, she spotted Stiles and Scott in the back of the bus, the latter looking worse than he did when he got on the bus. She climbed over the rows towards them, narrowly missing kicking people in the face as she did so. She sat in the row in front of them.