08 ━ dinner with the moons

━

CHAPTER EIGHT
Dinner with the Moons

          HARLEY SAT UNCOMFORTABLY in an old wooden chair in the middle of Beacon Hills First National Bank. The all too familiar smell of burnt sage filled her nose. The bank didn't look as eerie in the day as it did in the night. But that wasn't her problem. Her main problem were the five Alphas around her. She had said nothing in the ten minutes since they had arrived and neither had they.

Deucalion sat in an identical chair meters away from her, his cane resting on his lap. The big burly Alpha known as Ennis stood behind her with his arm crossed, burning a hole in the back of her head with his glare. The twins, Ethan and Aiden, stood on either side of her and Harley could tell the latter was still fuming over the prank Isaac, Scott and Allison, had pulled over him.

"Are you going to sit there in silence for the rest of day?" Deucalion questioned.

"I have nothing to say." Harley said confidently. "You wanted a ride, so it's not me who wants to talk."

"This one has an attitude." The female Alpha known as Kali commented. She was pacing up and down behind Deucalion. She had dark brown layered hair and eyes. Harley would be intimidated by her if it wasn't for her walking around bare foot. It almost made her laugh. "Do you always show so much disrespect?"

"Do you have some type of aversion to shoes?" Harley inquired with a smile.

Kali's face dropped. Harley knew she had said the wrong thing, but she didn't regret it. The woman charged towards her with a growl. Her eyes flashed dark red, showing off her Alpha status. She swung her arm towards the teenage girl, claws out.

The tips of her claws stopped mid air a few centimetres from Harley's throat. Harley hadn't even blinked let alone moved an inch. Her eyes were still calmly on Deucalion.

"Impressive." Deucalion smirked, leaning back in his chair.

"If you want to scare me, I wouldn't do it with a death threat." Harley advised coolly, glaring at Kali.

"Of course not." Deucalion concurred calmly. "A girl who sees death everywhere she goes can't be fazed in the slightest of the concept."

Harley was getting aggravated and she was certain if she continued to pick at her skin she was gonna tear it off. "What do you want with me?"

"Well, we're not going to do anything as boring as killing you."

"So, what do you want?"

"I want what most people want."

"Money?" Harley answered flatly. "I'm a high school student with a cop for a father in a small town. I'm broke."

Deucalion smirked. "You're quick witted. It's amusing. But no. I have more money than I know what to do with. I want what any powerful man wants. I want to be able to keep my power for as long as I can. I want guaranteed survival."