♡ ︎Birthday Sickness ♡︎

A/n: it's my birthday!! Again, requests are open here if you have any requests because I have no ideas for this book anymore, so please, request

"Do you think this cake will be alright?" Tokoyami asked, looking down at his gothic themed cake that is your favorite kind of cake.

"Toko! It looks fine! Actually, it looks a little too good.." dark shadow licked its beak and reached out to the cake. "No." Tokoyami commanded, shooing the shadow away.

They continued to walk down the corridor towards your dorm room. You two have been dating for quite a while, a year actually, and it was finally your birthday. Tokoyami wanted to celebrate it with a birthday cake and just him and you in your room doing activities, than later he will take you out to the common room for the surprise birthday party the others have made. He will take you back to your room (like a gentleman), watch your favorite movie, than cuddles before bed.

Tokoyami nodded to himself of his idea. It sounds perfect, you should love it right?

Tokoyami and dark shadow made it to your dorm room, Tokoyami stood there for a second.

"Dark shadow, you have the gift?" Tokoyami whispered. "Yup." Dark shadow held it out. "The balloon? The candles?" Tokoyami asked. "Yes." Dark shadow held out both items. "Okay," Tokoyami took a deep breath in, and he knocked on the door.

"What?!" Tokoyami heard a hoarse voice call out from behind the door. "It's Tokoyami. And uh, dark shadow." Tokoyami replied.

There was some shuffling and a couple bumps before the door opened, revealing only a dark room. "Y/n?" Tokoyami cautiously poked his head through the door.

"I'm behind the door.. I don't want you to see me like this.." you groan. Tokoyami walked in, shutting the door behind him. Since he has a liking to darkness, he can quickly see in the dark. You were hiding yourself in a huge blanket, so Tokoyami just turned on a lamp so you could see him.

Tokoyami set the cake on your coffee table, and dark shadow set the other things down as well. Tokoyami than focused his full attention to you. You were completely covered up in the blanket, Tokoyami could not see a speck of your face. Tokoyami walked over to you and cupped your face over the blanket.

"Y/n, are you okay? What happened?" He asked softly, swaying you gently as you stood there. "I'm-" you immediately get cut off by a cough. "..sick." You groan and rest your face on his shoulder. Tokoyami hugged you, and slowly lead you over to the bed, sitting you down.

"I have some medicine back at my dorm, I'll go get it." Tokoyami said. "No! I already had medicine! I just want cuddles, please.." you pleaded. Tokoyami glanced to your bedside to see a open medicine bottle. Tokoyami was pleased so he sat next to you, pushing you back and cuddling your blanketed arms.

"Y/n, may I see your beautiful face?" Tokoyami asked. "No, I don't look beautiful right now. I'm greasy, sweaty, and I stink." You argued. "No offense my dove, but I have a bird head, I have no right to judge. Besides, even at your lowest you still look beautiful my dear." Tokoyami said.

You sighed, how could you say no to that?

"Fine, but don't judge too much." You pout as you slid the blanket off of your face. You look tired, a bit sweaty, and your hair is a bit greasy, but besides that you are still beautiful in Tokoyami's eyes.

Tokoyami nuzzled his beak into your neck. "I was right, you are still beautiful at your lowest." Tokoyami mumbled into your ear. "Oh stop it Tokoyami, you're going to make my fever worse." You teased, blushing slightly. "So can we still have that cake?" You asked. "No. Cake won't make you feel better." Tokoyami pointed out. "Mm, I'm not so sure about that." You said.

"It will still be there when you feel better." Tokoyami assured. "But it's way too tempting!" You whined. Tokoyami sighed as he continued to nuzzle your neck with his beak.

"I'm sorry, that I got sick on my birthday." You said suddenly. "It's not your fault. Besides, just because you are sick doesn't mean we won't have a good time." Tokoyami moved away from your arms and sat up.

"I have an idea. I need to make a phone call." Tokoyami stepped outside of the room as you pouted. You hear Tokoyami talking to someone on the phone and you try listening in, but a fit of coughing suddenly filled your ears. You cleared your throat once you were done and Tokoyami was off the phone.

"What was that about?" You asked. "You'll see." Tokoyami all of a sudden started to grab a bunch of blankets and pillows, than opened your balcony. "Tokoyami! It's too cold!" You shivered. "Don't worry, it won't be." Tokoyami placed a bunch of blankets on the balcony. He than ran to his room and grabbed even more blankets and pillows, he also brought two small heaters.

Tokoyami made a huge pile of blankets and pillows on the balcony, that you could barely see the balcony. Tokoyami picked you up gently and laid you in the pile of blankets. He seated himself right next to you and tucked you both in.

Tokoyami turned the heaters on and it didn't even feel like you were outside.

You both stared at the sunset and had deep conversations. Once it turned nighttime, fireworks started going off, and all of them were your favorite colors. You gasp as you watched the fireworks.

"I called Mina and Kirishima to set them up, they gladly did so." Tokoyami explained. You kissed Tokoyami's beak and giggled.

"Tokoyami, you are literally the best boyfriend in the whole world." You said. Tokoyami blushed. "I just want to make sure you have a good birthday. That's all." Tokoyami shrugged. "That's all? You've done so much for me!" You hugged his arm.

"I love you so much Fumikage." You whispered in his ear. The blush on his cheeks worsened.

"I love you too, Y/n."

A/n: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 15k VIEWS! this is crazy! This one shot was also a celebration for that, I'm glad that I made some peoples day, and I also love reading the comments. It is so much fun. I love you guys, and have a wonderful year! Adios!