Forgive

I got out of the car, slamming the door behind me.
"You know, you should really get your drivers license." Mom said. I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, yeah. See you later. Thanks mom!" I said. She smiled and drove off. I sighed, looking around for Lucas. Failing to find him, I walked towards the fence, overlooking the city. It was almost pitch black, and the moon shone brightly.
"Hey." I heard a voice behind me. I whipped my head around.
"Hi." I said, crossing my arms.
"You look gorgeous." He said.
"Um, thanks." I said, looking down at my sweatshirt and yoga pants, puzzled.
"Join me?" He said, holding out his hand. I ignored his hand and walked towards the picnic area. He sighed, let his hand fall to his waist, and followed me. We neared the cliff, overlooking the city. Lucas sat down, patting the space next to him. I rolled my eyes, but remembering what mom had said, sat down.
"Thanks for meeting me here." He said, his eyes twinkling in the moonlight.
"Yeah, we'll I figured I'd hear you out." I replied, waiting for one of his dumb excuses.
"I'm sorry." He said. I looked up, surprised.
"Wait..really? You're sorry?" I asked, cheekily smiling.
"What? Like I've never said sorry?" He said, starting to smile, as well.
"Umm, pretty much. Why would I be surprised if everyday I heard that word from you. It's once in a blue moon, Lucas." I said, laughing. He chuckled.
"Hey, well look. It's a blue moon isn't it?" He asked, gazing up at the sky. I looked up, too.
"Well that would make sense." I said. He smiled, and looked at me. "Why did you lie to me, though?" I asked, changing it back to the subject. He sighed.
"Well, I just saw you and Mindy hanging out, and I got jealous. I figured if I told you she was lesbian, you wouldn't wanna hang out with her anymore." He said, his head looking down. I patted him on the back.
"Oh, Lucas. Mindy could never take away our relationship. She was just a friend, cause I needed one. But now that I have you, I think I'm good." I said.
"So does that mean?" Lucas asked.
"I forgive you." I said, smiling. Lucas sighed in relief.
"Phew, that's a relief." He said, pretending to wipe his forehead. I giggled. It was silent.
"Lucas?" I said, breaking the peace.
"Mhm?" He asked, still gazing at the stars.
"So, I was looking at your ex girlfriends on instagram today." I said, my face becoming red.
"And?" He said, his attention towards me, now.
"Well, I just don't understand what you see in me. You're always saying I'm beautiful, but looking back at your exes, I feel like crap." I admitted. Lucas gawked.
"Zia, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. All those girls were plastic surgery, makeup, and hair extensions. But you, you're better then all of them combined." He said. I blushed.
"Okay. Thanks. But one more thing." I said.
"What's that?" He asked.
"Well, that day at school during lunch when you can up to talk to me," I said. Lucas nodded. "why did you notice me? Why was I the one you wanted, especially because we hadn't seen each other since fifth grade?" I said.
"Zia, I just came into the lunchroom, and you were the first thing that caught my eye. Your hair, your outfit, you. It was all perfect. And all I wanted at that very moment was for you to be my girlfriend." He said.
"And you got that, didn't you?" I asked.
"You mean, we're back together?" He said.
"Of course we are." I said. He scooted in closer next to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he kissed me. I kissed him back.
"Lucas?" I said, pulling away.
"Yeah?" He asked, confused.
"I love you." I said. He smiled, and kissed me again.
"Aren't you gonna say the same thing?" I asked, offended.
"Oh, Zia. You know I've loved you since the day I met you." He said. I kissed him again, and we lay on the ground, looking at the stars.
"But Lucas, you barely know me." I said. Lucas held me hand.
"I know that you comb your hair twice in every class, I know that you wear one layer of pretty pink lip gloss every morning, and I know that this relationship will work." He said. I smiled, blown away. So he kissed me once more, underneath the moonlight.