What Do You Want

The next day at school I ran to my locker. I had thought of my plan all night, and I knew it would work. The bell rang as I gathered my books and started to head to science. On my way, I saw Lucas. He ran up to me.
"Hey." He said, finally reaching me.
"Hi." I replied, timidly.
"Listen, I'm so sorry about last night. I didn't mean to make you mad." He said.
"No, no. It's totally fine. My mom called out for me and that's why I didn't reply." I lied.
"Oh, ok. I thought I upset you." He said, looking down at the floor.
"No. It's ok. Which class are you going to?" I look asked, changing the subject.
"Math." He rolled his eyes. I laughed.
"I'm off to science. I better go. I'm gonna be late." I said, trying to find some way to end this conversation.
"Ok. I'll see you at lunch. Ok if I sit with you?" He asked. I nodded.
"Yeah sure. See you later!" I said, moving away.
"Bye Z!" He yelled.
"Bye!" I yelled back. I reached science. I walked in the door, spotting Mindy sitting at her desk. Perfect. I went to sit at my desk in the back of the room. The teacher started her lesson, but all I could think about was my plan. Would it work? Well, I'd have to find out.

The lesson finished quickly. I grabbed my bags to head out the door. I stopped and waited for Mindy, following my plan. She looked at me.
"Hey." She said.
"Hey. How was your night?" I replied.
"It was good. My little brother was being a brat, as always, but besides that it was fine. What about you?"
"It was alright. I texted Lucas a little bit."
"Oh. Um nice. Anyway, I better go. I don't wanna be late." She said, irritation in her voice.
"Ok, I'll walk with you. We have the same schedule, anyway." I said. She looked nervous.
"Um ok. That's fine." She said, picking up her books.
"So, what are you doing this weekend?" I asked. She looked surprised.
"Oh um nothing much. Why?" She asked, excitedly.
"Oh I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out." I said.
"Yeah. That would be fun. What day?"
"Hmm I was thinking Saturday?" I said.
"Yes! I mean, yes. That's fine, I guess." She said, trying to play it cool.
"Ok. Also, would you mind if Lucas joined us?" I said. She jerked her head to the ground.
"Um I guess. Why?" She spat.
"Well he has nothing to do so I just thought it would be nice to invite him. Is that ok?" I said.
"Yeah. I guess that's fine. See you this weekend then." She replied, walking away.
"Ok. Bye!" I said. My plan was working perfectly. Now I just had to get Lucas to come.