What Will I Tell Her

We pulled into the parking lot. I pointed to a slot in the back. Lucas drove the car into the parking spot, and we got out. He opened the door for me as I got out and he took my hand. We walked to the entrance, and Lucas showed the lady the tickets. She nodded, and led us to the movie theatre. I spotted the snack stand. He glanced at me, and then over to it.
"You want a snack?" He asked.
"Sure. Thanks." I said, glad that he noticed. He smiled, and led me to the line.
"What do you want?" He asked. I was distracted. I thought I had seen something. I ignored it. He looked at me.
"Hey Z, you good?" He asked, waving his hand in front of my eyes. I blinked.
"Yeah. Sorry. I'll have a small coke and some popcorn please." I said.
"Sure. I'll have some popcorn too, please. Actually, can we just have one big popcorn, please?" He said, looking at me. I was looking around. I thought I had seen someone. Someone who I knew. And then I saw her. It was Mindy. Oh crap.
"Um yeah whatever's fine. I don't mind. I have to go to the bathroom. Will you hold this?" I said, giving Lucas my purse. I ran to the bathroom. I locked the stall. How had this happened? If she saw me, my whole plan would be ruined. Plus, Lucas would find out. I didn't know what to do. Then I heard a knock from the hallway.
"Hey Z. You in there?" Lucas's voice echoed through the bathroom. I sat up.
"Oh! Um, yeah. I just had a lot of water, that's all. I'll meet you out there." I yelled back.
"Ok. See you out here." His voice had hints of confusion. I unlocked the stall, trying to think of a new plan. I washed my hands, and walked out of the bathroom. I didn't want to keep Lucas waiting for too long. I walked out of the bathroom, to find Lucas standing in the corner, carrying the snacks. He saw me, and ran towards me.
"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked, a worried look on his face.
"Yeah. I'm alright. Like I said, I just had a bunch of water." I lied. He looked at the ground.
"Are you sure? It feels like there's something you aren't telling me.." He looked kind of offended.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to shut you out. I just saw someone.." I said.
"You can tell me, Z." He said, trying to pry it out of me. I sighed.
"I saw...Mindy. Here. Just then." I said. He looked confused.
"And?" He asked, starting to get annoyed.
"Well, I sort of had a plan for something." I said.
"What do you mean a plan?" He asked. I took one deep breath and explained it all to him.
"..so when I saw her here I was worried she would see us together and it would ruin my plan. I'm so sorry to spring all this on you." I said. He looked amused. Excited, actually.
"Wow. I thought it was something else. I thought you freaked out or something. I'm sorry I told you that on text that night. I just should've kept it to myself." He said, his head hanging down. I patted him on the back.
"Lucas. I'm glad you told me. I thought that she liked you, and I'm glad that I finally realized what was going on before something happened." I said. He smiled.
"Ok. You wanna go see the movie now? We've probably missed some of it..but it was worth it." He said, leading me out of the bathroom hall. I smiled. We entered the theatre, and we took our seats at the top. This was going to be an interesting "date".

I was sitting in my seat eating popcorn. So far, I had embarrassed myself in front of Lucas by snorting like a pig because the movie was hilarious. He had just laughed every time I did it. He looked at me, I was munching on some buttery popcorn, telling myself not to eat all of it because we were sharing. He stretched out his arm. That's when it happened. He placed his arm around my neck and rested it there. I held my breath. I couldn't help but smile. Lucas, the one guy that all the girls wanted, was putting his arm around me right now. I glanced at him. He caught my eye, and looked at me. We came closer. 'Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.' I thought, as we got closer still. Then, the best thing happened. His lips touched mine. It was like the whole world drained away. I couldn't even hear the movie, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. My first kiss was happening in a comedy with my best friend from pre-school. I had no clue what to do. But, somehow I did. I wanted more. I needed more. I put my arms around his neck, and we swung back and fourth. His lips felt soft. And then, it was over. He pulled back. He looked at me. And then a massive smile formed on his face.
"Zia. That was the most amazing kiss I've ever had." He whispered.
"It was my first one. But, same." I whispered back. He smiled, and kissed me again. Then I pulled back.
"What's wrong?" He said.
"Can-can we go somewhere more private?" I said. I felt so uncomfortable kissing Lucas for the first time in front of all these people.
"Yeah, sure." He said, picking up the snacks. I gathered my stuff, and we walked out. Five minuets later I found myself in the parking lot, getting into his car.
"Is this private enough?" He asked, getting in. I giggled and nodded. Woah. I had never giggled before. This was a weird night. We closed the door.
"Lucas. I need to tell you something." I said. He looked up.
"Anything." He said.
"You look so hot right now." I whispered.
"Hm?" He said, pretending he didn't hear me.
"I said.. you look so hot right now." I said, a little bit louder.
"What'd you say? I can't really hear you?" He asked again, holding a smile back. I giggled, again.
"I said..YOU LOOK SO HOT RIGHT NOW!" I yelled at him. It was silent. Suddenly, we both burst into laughter.
"Z? Can I tell you something?" He said, trying to stop laughing.
"Sure." I said.
"You look gorgeous tonight." He said. I blushed, and he pulled me in for a kiss. We held it for a long time. Then he stopped.
"We should really get going." He said, catching his breath.
"Ok.." I said. He started to turn the key, but I pushed his arm away, and grabbed his shirt. He didn't resist. He dropped the keys and held my face in his hands. We kissed, for the one-hundredth time. I laughed. I didn't know if we'd ever get out of the parking lot.