Lucas

I leapt out of my seat. I stood in front of him, face to face.
"Hi." I blurted out, instantly regretting it.
"Hey." He replied, pushing his blonde hair out of his eyes.
"I, uh, I didn't know you were behind me. I-I haven't seen you in a while." I stuttered. He laughed.
"Why are you so nervous? It's like we just met." He said, still laughing.
"Oh, well there's just a lot of people and.." I trailed off, trying to find an answer. He rolled his eyes.
"Come here." He said, giving me a hug. Everyone at my table, including Mindy, looked shocked. I hugged him back, then pulled away. I didn't want any more attention than I already had. He looked confused.
"I'll tell you later." I whispered. He nodded, and smiled. Mindy stood up.
"Ok, so do you two know each other or something?" She looked kind of jealous.
"Yeah, we've been friends since pre-school." Lucas replied, turning to Mindy.
"How do you know Lucas?" I asked Mindy. She batted her eyelashes.
"Well I know Lucas from this year. He has been such a nice guy. Helping me get to my classes, and touring me around the school." She twirled her hair, as she talked. Ok, it was obvious that Mindy was flirting with him. But Lucas wasn't looking at her. He was looking at me. He looked at me as if I was a model or something. He came closer to me.
"Can I text you tonight?" He whispered. Surprised, I nodded.
"Sure, um do you have my number?" I replied. He nodded.
"Do you have mine?" He asked. I nodded.
"Ok, I'll explain everything to you tonight." He said, walking away. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Lucas was one of the hottest guys at school, and we hadn't even talked since 5th grade. I just didn't understand why he'd want to be with me. He hadn't acted like this when we were younger. Mindy came up to me.
"So, you and Lucas are friends, right?" She said, coldly. I nodded, but the truth was, I didn't really know. Laura came up to me.
"I ship you and Lucas." She smiled, as Emma and Claire joined her.
"Yes! You guys are so cute together!" Emma exclaimed. Mindy looked irritated.
"I'm going to the library." She grumbled, picking up her stuff.
"Ok, see you there." I yelled, as she walked away.

Everyone started clearing out of the cafeteria. I grabbed my books, thinking about what had happened. Lucas seemed so different. So much..hotter than before. I forced the thought out of my head, I couldn't afford to fall in love with him. But I couldn't stop thinking about how all the girls were saying we would be a cute couple. After all, maybe he had changed. Maybe I had changed. Maybe we had changed.