Chapter Fifteen

Rylee's POV

"Did you enjoy last night?" Lola asked me at the dining table, "Yeah, I did. Thank you for taking care of me." I replied, taking a bite out of my breakfast sandwich. Loretta let out a small sigh, giving a small glare at her before she stood up from the table and grabbed Lola's hand. "We need to talk about something that's coming up." she told her. Lola nodded, before she got up and followed her, away from the dining room. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation, so once I finished eating, I washed the plate and left it out to dry then I went into the living room and laid down on the sofa.

A few minutes later, Lola came back downstairs with Loretta and joined me. I could tell that she was worried because of her eyes, which made me sit up and comfort her by wrapping my arms around her in a hug. She hugged me back with a soft sigh. "What's up?" I asked her, "You can tell me." I added. "It's nothing, babe. I'm just tired." she told me. 

I then turned to look at Loretta, who was sat behind me. "What did you tell her?" I asked her, "You know you have to tell me the truth, as we are mates." I told her, feeling a spark inside of my chest. "It's a surprise, my little one." she purred at me. Shit. No. No. Just no. No.

"I know." I said, "Know what?" Lola asked me, making me turn my head to look at her. She was fucking smirking!

"You are playing with me, aren't you?" I asked them, "We aren't playing with you. Why are you acting crazy?" Loretta said, I then got up and took a couple of steps back away from them, getting ready to run and lock myself in a room if I needed to. 

Then, their eyes slowly started to change into that hypnotic shade of purple, mixed with a bit of red. "Fuck you both." I told them, before I ran up the stairs and went into the bedroom, locking myself in. I then went towards the bathroom door and locked the door too. I didn't have much time left, I already knew I was going to lose this battle. 

"Let us in, my little one. The beautiful blood moon will rise in just a couple of minutes. You don't have to be afraid..." Loretta said through the door. "You won't get me this time." I told her, while looking away. 

Then, everything went silent for those couple of minutes, until I felt a small gust of wind behind me. I heard the door unlock, before Loretta walked in front of me...