Chapter One

Rylee's POV

I couldn't stand it.

I couldn't stand the screaming and the crying from the people around me.

It has been a couple of hours since they attacked and took away everything that we once loved.

Well, not everything...just replaced it.

I was hiding in a cold shelter, with my best friend, Lola. We were closely together for warmth, but we both knew this shelter would get smashed into by them. "Rylee, if they get us...I just wanted to say that I love you." Lola told me tearfully, making me let out a small sigh. I had a crush on Lola, and hearing this made me feel heartbroken. I didn't want to lose her. One kiss won't hurt, right? 

So, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers until they found us. I got yanked away from Lola, ruining our last moments together. "NO!!!" I screamed out in pain, watching the creature sink her fangs into her neck. Lola gave me her last smile, before she closed her eyes. I panted heavily, getting more freaked out by the second as I was hearing the disgusting slurping sounds. I kicked at the creature that was keeping a hold on me, before I managed to free myself by kicking their knee. 

I then climbed out of the shelter and ran for my life. I ran and ran until my chest began to ache from not getting enough air. I hid behind a massive brown bush, and waited for them to go away. Half an hour later, I thought the coast was clear again, so I laid down and stared at the dark evil sky. I eventually closed my eyes, deciding to fall asleep. 

But that was a mistake as I woke up on a bed, in a completely unknown area. "You are safe and sound, now. Nobody will take you away from me." I heard a soft woman's voice say to me, making me sit up and looked around. There was nobody here...

"Whoever you are, I really hate you." I said out loud, replying to the woman. I then saw a speaker in the corner of the wall, causing me to stare at it. Was this some type of prison? 

"Let's not get feisty now, Riley." 

"It's Rylee. Ry-lee. Not Riley." I corrected her. "I like that spelling. Okay, Rylee...I want you to meet me in the large bathroom. It will just be the two of us, don't worry." she said from the speaker.

"How about no." I said, before I stood up from the bed and watched the door open automatically. I crossed my arms, slowly leaving the weird bedroom and followed the arrow towards the bathroom that I was ordered to go to. 

A few seconds later, I arrived at the destination and pushed the door open since it was slightly open, revealing my nightmare.