Chapter Three

Rylee's POV

"So, if I'm not a servant, then what am I doing here?" I asked Loretta, before taking a bite out of my dinner. "I can't answer that. It's too early to tell you." she replied. "Well, it looks like I can't trust you. I mean, I didn't trust you before but now, I really don't trust you." I told her. She looked at me for a few seconds, then I watched her stand up and left to do something. 

A few minutes later, she returned with a old photograph, placing it down on the table in front of me. She picked up the empty plate and carried it to the sink. I watched her clean up, then saw her turn around to find me staring at her, confused. "Take a look at it, please." she told me, almost pleading. I sighed, turning my head to look at the photo...

"It's just two women kissing." I told her what I was looking at. "Oh..." I then realised that it was Loretta in the photo, but she looked a little bit different. She had wings?

"You...had wings?" I asked her, "And who were you kissing?"

"I did have wings until Evie betrayed me by giving me the wrong wine glass on purpose with a dangerous potion in it." she told me a little bit about her past. "Was she a witch?" I asked, before I watched her look down. "She disguised her scent so her blood wouldn't smell like burnt wood." she said. "What does my blood smell like to you?" I decided to ask, getting slightly curious.

"Vanilla and cherries." she replied. Then, there was a minute of complete silence, until I stood up and walked over to her. "Do you mind if I see your back? I won't touch you. I just want to have a look." I asked her. She nodded, before she turned around and lifted up her white shirt that she was wearing. I immediately frowned at the sight of her two long scars. "It happened before you existed. Evie is rotting in her watery grave now." she told me the good news. For some reason, I wanted to protect her. She was in a messed up relationship with a evil witch, and now she's got me.

"Do you want to burn the photo?" I asked her, before she pulled her shirt back down and turned around with a large smile on her face. "Of course I want to burn it. Come on, into the back garden."