Teasing

(Word count:- 883 )

Aksita's POV:-

We all went in to give Puja to Kali Ma. Mami was a step back back and Adu was beside me. I gave my Dala to the Priest and Adu gave her's. After that I kneeled near the threshold to take the blessing of the Goddess. 'Ma keep all my family safe and fulfill each of their wishes. Bless all of us to have a long and happy life. Also give me the strength to help all those needy children and grandparents in the orphanage.' I told Ma all my wishes. I know she will fulfill them after all she is the mother of whole world.

I stood up after that and heard Adu's shocked voice," Dii! What is on your face?" Hearing her I touched my cheeks but felt nothing. I turned to Mami and she too looked shocked seeing my face. I turned back again as the priest came back to give us 'prasad'. I took that and Adu again said," Diiiiiiii! It's vermillion on your hairline and forehead." Hearing this I was shocked too. I again touched my face but this time my hairline and forehead. I felt something and as I took my hand down I saw it really was Vermillion. Oh my God!

Aksita's Look

Aksita's Look

Then I heard the priest laughing. I turned to face him. He again laughed and said," Ma er leela Ma ei Jane. Koto leela re Maa tor. Biye korayiya dili re Maa." I looked at him in fear and exclaimed, " Baba!" But he didn't say anything and continued laughing.
(Ma's doing! Direct wedding only.)

Till then my Mami came back to sense and took me out pulling my hand. We got out and Mami asked me to wash the vermillion off immediately. I looked at her once and did as said. I came back after washing my face from a nearby hand pump.

I was thinking about all the things that happened to me today. You may think that what is there to think so much about but there is as it really is a very big thing for a middle class family like ours as the vermillion is the most important thing of our wedding. If just the vermillion is put in the hairline of a woman she is considered married in our Indian society.

I was drying my face with the saree's pallu when I felt that my one earring was missing. I again touched my ear and it was empty, I started searching it everywhere.

"Dii! What happened why are you looking so tensed?" Adu said as she came near me. " Adu one of my earring is missing! It's gold plated and was gifted by Puchi using her savings." I said in an emotional voice. I was really very attached to the earrings as it was choose by my sister for my 21st birthday. She gave it to me using her savings. We tried to find it everywhere but couldn't and atlast I gave up. We went back and I was a little sad about this.

Today I was going back home. I was still sad and angry with me as the I lost the earring. What will I say to Puchi. I was lost in my thoughts when Adu came into the room looking all fresh and ready to start the day.

"Dii! Where are you lost huh? Oh I got it. You must be thinking about my Jiju, the one who you indirectly got married too." She said with a teasing smile and started laughing. I was very annoyed as she is teasing me like this from the time we came back home. And Mami she even told these to my mom and Maa was shocked at first and then started brooding over it. She called me hundreds of time yesterday.

"Awww! Dii how sweet you again started thinking about my jiju. So sweet. By the way what must be his name Dii?" She gushed at first and then gave me a confused look at last as if she is genuinely was confused and not teasing me.

"Tui Dara! I said and started moving the her annoyed. She looked at me once and started running out laughing loudly.

"I will miss you Dii. You came after so long and going back this early. Please stay for a more Few days." She said with puppy eyes.
" yes Mon you could have stayed for a little longer this time." I heard Mami as she was standing near the door. "No Mami, I can't this time but will surely stay the next time."

"Ok as you say but next time I will not leave you." She said with a smile.
" Ok, next time I will come with a special 1week leave." I said and went out as the cab came to take me to Railway Station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hii,

Iksita here.

What are your thoughts about the chapter?

Also, Don't you think Adu is teasing Aksita a little too much.

Do comment your thoughts about it.

I know many of you will do but then also do like, silent readers. It means a lot to me.😁🥰

If Any of you like then they can follow or D.M me on my Insta account -

M me on my Insta account -

Also,
Smile please.😁😄