Letters

"Did you see Longbottom's face after he tortured that bug right in front of him? That was bloody priceless," Draco says to us. They all laugh and continue talking about it but... I don't know. My mind is still on what the Professor said at the beginning. That was too weird to be a coincidence.

"He looked so stunned," Blaise adds and they all continue to laugh.

I don't know how long after that, but I feel someone's hands on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

I turn to see Theo standing there and he's looking at me with worry. I hate that he looks at me like that so much that I instantly know that face.

"I'm okay, just thinking about some stuff."

"Right," he mumbles. "Do you want me to help you out of this bad mood or do you want to be left alone?"

I look at him for a moment and I can tell he actually is genuine. "The second option for now." I respond.

To my surprise, he smiles softly and nods his head. "You know where to find me if you need anything," he says before heading back to the rest of them. We're sitting in the great hall for dinner now. The rest of the classes went fine. No one recognised me or said my uncles name.

Everyone knows Sirius. Kind of hard not to when he was a known murderer who escaped Azkaban. I've accepted that everyone knows of him, but Regulus? No one knew about him. I've never heard someone other than my dad or Remus mention him. 

"Earth to Cameron!" I hear Theo say and it pulls me from my thinking again. This time I scowl at him.

"What do you want?" I ask him, this time letting it show how annoyed I am.

"I was just asking you if you know who's owl that is... Merlin, girls are so weird." Theo mumbles. I turn to look at whatever owl has Theo's attention and to my complete surprise, it's Remus'. He answered me rather quickly.

I walk over to the window, let the bird in and take the envelope. It's a rather heavy envelope... why is it heavy?

"So you do know who's owl it is then?" Daphne asks me lightly. Her tone making it very clear she's only teasing.

"Yes, smart arse. I do know who's owl it is," I respond to her, then I then to Theo. "Sorry for biting your head off."

"Did it at least taste good?" He asks me jokingly.

"Not even a little," I reply without missing a beat. I had a feeling he'd say something stupid like that.

"Who's the letter from?" Draco asks me. I realise I'm still standing here with the letter in my hand.

"I think it's from Remus," I respond to him.

"You think? What?" Riddle asks curiously.

"Mind your business," I say to him but this time it's not defensive. It's more... playful.

I open the envelope and see there's two letters inside.

That sneaky git.

I open the one with Remus' hand writing first because if I have any idea who the second one was from, and I don't want to hear it from him.

-

Cameron,
You have a beautiful way of thinking kiddo. Thank you for sharing that with me. You are incredibly smart and strong.