Last Hours Of Summer

When we got home, I went straight to my room and just sat down on the bed. That's where I stayed for the rest of the day. Even when the house elves came up to tell me dinner is ready, even when I was told that Narcissa is requesting to see me. I just stayed in bed.

I can't move. I don't want to move. It all hurts.

I heard some noises outside of the room, some whispering and shuffling.

Please don't come in here.

But of course, I can't get that lucky. The door knob turns and in comes Enzo and Draco.

"Go away," I say to them. "I'm fine. I'm just tired."

"Now that's a lie and we all know it. Come on, you think we're that dumb?" Enzo asks me.

"Give us some more credit than that," Draco adds.

"I just want to be alone," I say to them as I roll over and face away from them.

"Well, we have something for that you might want." Draco says. I feel one of them sit down on the edge of my bed.

Okay so they are not going to leave me alone.

"Fine, give it to me and leave me alone." I mumble. I turn back around to see Draco holding out his hand with a piece of paper in it. "What's this?"

"Don't know but it came for you today," Enzo tells me.

"We thought you'd want to read it and if you want to be alone, we'll leave you. But we are here for you."

"You can stay if you want," I say to them. "It's probably some half ass apology."

I take the letter from Draco and open it slowly. I just know by the way my name is written on the envelope, it's not from my dad. It's from Remus.

-

Cameron,
I heard about what happened earlier and had no idea that you even asked him to go with you. He didn't tell anyone that you asked which is not fair to you because I would have came over to you. Especially if I knew he was planning on doing something like this.

I am so sorry kiddo. I hope you're not going to stay in bed for the rest of the day though. I know you and I know that you like to willow in the pain, but it's You're last day of summer. Go out and enjoy it. 

I also want to remind you that this is not your fault. You did nothing wrong, kiddo. I'll see you as soon as I can.

I'm here if you need me. I'm always here for you.

Remus.

-
I put the note down and lean my head back on the bed. Remus always takes my side.

"Was it that bad?" Enzo asks me. I shake my head.

"It was from Remus," I tell them. Enzo still isn't used to the fact that I actually know professor Lupin outside of school and the fact that I call him Remus still surprises him. It's funny though.

"Good or bad?" Draco asks me, both of us ignoring Enzo.

"It's good, you can stop hovering now." I say to them both. 

"Fine, fine. Looks like she's back to normal anyway. We might as well go, Draco." Enzo says to Draco.

"Come out with us, we can fly around and practice quidditch some more or we can do something else. You shouldn't waste your day in bed."

"I don't know, I'm kind of tired." I say to them, but I notice their faces. They're frowning. Disappointed. "Maybe if we do something inside then it could be fun."

"Alright, let's go. I have an idea." Enzo says. Draco and I look at each other and it's not excitement, it's worry. Enzo can be a little... insane.

"Oh great, Enzo has an idea." Draco mutters and I laugh.

His idea was, as we assumed, insane. You see, Narcissa is always insisting that the house elves are moving the books in the library and putting them in the wrong spots just for fun.

"Let me let you two in on a little secret," Enzo says to the two of us. Both of us look ridiculously cute confused. "I'm the one who moves the books in the library and puts them in the wrong places."

"Enzo! My mother has been blaming the house elves for years because it drives her insane!"

"I know! It's so funny," Enzo says as he starts cackling. "The poor elves had no idea what she was going on about, it was too funny."

"That's horrible," I add. "They probably got in trouble for that."

"Nah, it's fine. They're all fine. It's just been a funny joke but now I'm letting you two in on it so you can help me."

"Oh yeah, because that's something we'd want to do-"

"I'm in," Draco says, cutting me off.

"Draco!"

"Join us, Cameron." Draco adds, Enzo smirking at the two of us.

"Fine but if we get caught, I'm blaming Enzo. I'll show her the memories if I have to." I warn him.

"Okay, but you'll be ruining my fun if you tell her." Enzo says. "Let's go."

-

It turns out, Enzo was right. Moving the books around on Narcissa was really fun. Especially knowing that she will react to finding books out of the place.

I don't know how they did it, but it made me feel better. Remus' words telling me to 'get out of bed and enjoy the last bit of the summer' and the boys inviting me to hangout really helped me get out of the mood I was in.

It was truly fun. Draco throws me a book and then I put it on the other side of the room, throwing Enzo the book I took off the shelf to replace the one Draco threw me.

"Tomorrow should be fun," Enzo says once we're all done and sitting against the shelves at the back of the library.

"You know, we could always beat up Potter if you want us too," Draco adds.

"No, don't worry about it. He's a git and I would love to see him get beat up but then you two would get in trouble and it's not worth it," I say to them.

"You sure you're not in Hufflepuff or something?" Draco asks me.

"I don't know what that means but I'm smart enough to know he's not worth you two getting in trouble for."

"What are you going to do when you see him?" Enzo asks me.

"No idea," I admit. "Probably ignore him."

"Ah, that's a good idea but... we're Slytherin. We aren't going to do ignore him, we're going to make sure our presence is known," Draco adds.

"Whatever, you do what you want to do. I'll do what I want to do." I say to them. I know they're not going to do what I tell them to do but that doesn't mean I have to do what they plan on doing.

I have a feeling that this year is going to be... awkward and probably filled with a lot of drama.