Gryffindors

My stomach was in knots all morning during breakfast. I was going to sit on my own at the end of the table but Theo raced over to me before I could sit down and brought me over to where him, Malfoy and Zabini were sitting. During breakfast, the boys argued about pretty much everything. Zabini and Nott would be arguing about something stupid, then Malfoy would get fed up with them and join in to tell them both to shut up. It was very entertaining for me, and for a while it took my mind off of everything.

"If you three are done arguing, I believe it's time for defence against the dark arts now." I say to them, standing up to leave the great hall and head to class.

"Do we have to go though? I for one don't think we need that class. I have my parents who can teach me everything I need to know." Nott says.

"Well, I don't so... we're going." I say. "Come on."

"She must be related to Malfoy, she's bossy." Nott jokingly says to Zabini as the two of them stand up.

Malfoy smirks at me after hearing what the guys are saying about me. I finally get the three of them to get up and come with me to class.

Not many people were at the defence against the dark arts class when we showed up. Theo and Blaise were mumbling to each other about how early we are. Draco doesn't say anything and he doesn't seem as annoyed as the other two. He actually seems amused at the two of them.

"Hey kiddo, what are you doing here early?" Remus asks me when he sees me and the boys.

"I thought I'd get the three of them here early." I say to Remus. "Or I just wanted to say hi before you have to start teaching."

"And we had to be here for that?" Nott mumbles behind me.

"Yes, because I have a feeling if I didn't make you come this early, you wouldn't come at all."

"She's not wrong, Nott."

"Whatever-"

"Was there something you wanted to speak to me about?" Remus asks me, interrupting Theo.

"Nothing specific, just wanted to see you." I tell him. "Everything else around here is so new.. I kind of wanted to be around someone I know."

Remus nods his head and motions for me to come inside the classroom and take a seat. The boys hesitantly follow and sit down at the back of the class while I go to the front to Remus' desk.

"I'm meeting with Harry and his friends later." I tell Remus as he sits down in his chair.

"Oh yeah? That sounds fun." Remus says to me.

"Yeah, he asked me yesterday after class." I add.

"And what do you guys plan on doing then?" Remus asks me.

"No idea," I admit. "He just asked me to meet him and his friends."

"Let me know how it goes." Remus says. "How is everything else going? Are you liking Slytherin?"

"Everything is- it's not what I expected. Most of the kids are the same as the muggle schools. Mean. Others are entertaining and funny and maybe even kind. I don't know. I guess I was just expecting things to be different in the wizarding world."

"Yeah, kids are pretty much the same in both worlds." Remus adds. "Expect in our world, they can do magic."

Remus stands up and glances to the back of the room where the boys are sitting. "Is someone bothering you Cameron?" He asks me.

"No, no one is bothering me Remus." I say quickly, "Just someone who doesn't like me but I don't think it's personal."

"It's probably not." Nott adds. "She's just jealous because Draco isn't ignoring you."