15. Jealousy Fits You

En başından başla

I pause in my footing. "Friends?" I frowned. "Mercer's friends are over here?" The annoyance in my voice was evident.

Jules's brows furrowed in confusion. "Yeah," She stops in her steps when she notices I was not following her anymore. "Is everything okay?"

I sigh, shaking my head. No, it was far from okay. Honestly, was Mercer purposefully trying to upset me. He knew what today was and I told him the exact time I was coming over which was four o'clock in the afternoon.

Taking a few breaths, the tension in my shoulders disappeared. I can do this. All I have to do is demand that he makes a choice and if he makes the wrong one, which would be choosing his friends over me, then I am done.

I was sick of him playing these childish games and wasting my time. I took my time with my education seriously and if Mercer couldn't get on the same ship as me, then I will do him a favor and call it quits.

"No," I shift my bag on my shoulders. "He continues to do things like this and he wonders why it annoys me. Can you take me to him?"

Without saying a word, I followed her further into the luxurious home. Rounding the corner, she stops at a door and pulls it open, the muffled voices now louder and the sound of water splashing fills my ears.

I follow her inside and the sight of a nice in-home pool comes into view.

It was beautiful but what made the sight dissatisfying was the sight of Mercer standing up against the wall in the deep side of the pool with Tyra

Both wet and extremely too close to one another.

Forcing my eyes away, not even trying to figure out what they could possibly be talking about, I take in the fact that Ronan, some guy with tan skin with tats on his side and shoulder that I've never seen before, and a brown skin girl with cropped blue hair that I have never seen before but she was off silently in one of the chairs, typing away on her phone.

"What are you doing here, Jules? Aren't you supposed to be studying?" The guy with tan skin and tats notices the moment we step around the corner.

Jules sighs, running a hand through her loose hair. "It's kind of hard if all I hear is you all shouting and screaming. I hear you from upstairs." The tiredness in her tone was obvious.

I notice the guy makes a face. A guilty one and just before I could learn more from it, Ronan spoke up.

"If it isn't Mercer's little tutor and the lightweight. Genieve was it?" He smirks teasingly.

I frowned, heat rushing to my cheeks while I tried to control myself at the mispronouncing of my name. To be honest, I didn't understand what Demi saw in him. Yeah, he might have fooled me in the early months thinking he was all mature and whatnot but the more I see him, the more I learned that you really just can't assume the best in people.