11. Friends

I closed my locker shut once I pulled out the last required book I needed for Mr

I closed my locker shut once I pulled out the last required book I needed for Mr. Finsley's class.

Today was going to go very slowly for me due to many reasons.

I was grounded. Double grounded if that was even a real thing.

My dad wasn't happy with me. And not just about going to a party and not letting him know and not returning the same night. But at the sight of Mercer dropping me off and to find out, I spent the night at a boy's house.

I had a limit to my phone but my car was taken away. I was stuck either walking or taking the bus. I wasn't even allowed to catch a ride with Demi if I wanted to.

Speaking of her, I've been avoiding her.

When Mercer gave me my phone back, I had a lot of missing calls from my dad, mom, and text messages from Demi asking about my whereabouts and then some.

I just couldn't help but let how things went yesterday at the party. I take on some of the blame but when I actually think about it, she had some of the blame too. I told her I didn't want to go and in that exact room with the very guy that was playing with her feelings.

She was confusing me at this point.

Sighing, I made my way down the crowded hallway, keeping to myself. My peaceful silence was short-lived when I see Demi walking down the hall in her usual tight wear with her hair pulled up in a loose ponytail.

The concern on her face as she nears rattles something in me but I held up my firm demeanor, repeating to myself that I was upset with her.

"There you are." She breathes, worriedly. "You didn't respond to any of my messages. What happened?"

"A lot has happened, Demi," I murmured, my hold on my books tightening. "But do you want to know what happened?"

She frowns and without a doubt, it's at my tone. Yes, I wasn't going around the bush. She needed to know that I was upset with her and that she was responsible too for what happened at that party. A party she suggested and took me to in her car.