𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑓 𝑜 𝑢 𝑟

- life's not so dull now that you're in it

[n a r r a t o r]

His body fell. In that moment it was hard to believe. Something to hard for her brain to muster or understand why, why would someone who holds such hatred against her do something like that.

Especially when she's been provoking him the entire time. Ryung didn't feel an ounce of guilt. She just stared in front of her. Trying to process the last seconds of his life.

Sang-woo's body hung low. His back leaned further against the chair. Staining the paint in an abyss of blood. Marking the white grounds in small splatters of red.

"The remaining survivors." The guards stood ground holding their guns in front of their bodies. Making sure to pull their index finger over the trigger, regardless of how helpless they both seemed right now.

Ryung wasred no time to walk towards Sae-byeok. Reciprocating her feeling with her hug. Her arms wrapping over the taller girls shoulders. Breathing heavily as she feels her breath grow hotter between the nape of her neck.

Tears slowly staining her jumper. Shaking violently. Fingers stiffening at edge as Sae-byeok tries to hug her back, tries to grab ahold of her body but she can't. Her bodies frozen in place. Numb.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." The Kang girl had no clue why. Or who she was really responding to.In the moment it needed to be said. Her lips dry, trying to freshen the crevices between the lines of the skin she licks them repeatedly. Trying to regain the dampness. Her tears falling past her chin. Wetting her neck in trails of water.

Dying just silently stood. Waiting for her breaths to return to a reasonable pace. "We can finally leave." Ryung mutters happily. Tangling her fingers calmly through Sae-byeok's hair.

To which she replied by pulling her waist closer to hers. Holding her at the hips tightly. "You may vote to stay or leave, the money is still on the line. If you leave you'll only receive quarter each of what was originally offered."

Ryung removed herself from Sae-byeok. Looking at the guards as if their answer wasn't already obvious. Fists clenched, nails marking the centre of her palm.

"Are you fucking serious? More people have fired her then the average population of 6 years. And you're no ashamed? You have the audacity ask someone if they'd still like to play after witnessing all of this? Are you fucking with me right now? You are sick if you think we'd want to stay here even for another minute. You're lucky you have guns on you right now or else I would've smashed you heads against the wall until it caved into your necks."

She didn't wait for their signal to leave. Sae-byeok had received the memo and grabbed ahold of Ryung's wrist. Pulling her along until they made it to the front door of the game hall.

"Just wait a moment." Ryung whispered rapidly. Leaving her there for a few seconds. Sae-byeok leaned her ear against the door. To her disappointment not even a sound seeped through the material.

"Okay one more second." Ryung's face inched with blood. Her knuckles cut with small bruised lines marking her arms. Eyes glaring with a certain colour it's almost see through. Lips a gape as she wipes the rims of the remainders of the guards behind her. Spitting the residue from her tongue. Smiles creeping to her face before winking at the taller girl. Even situations like this she still manages to press her buttons.

Ryung held the gun to her right hand. Closing the left eye. Not even 10 seconds later, 6 body guards figures scattered the ground. With her hand armed and her body unwavering.

"Fuck you." Ryung took the strap of the assault rifle. Flipping it off her back as she walked back towards Sae-byeok.

Grinning from ear to ear as she takes her hand in her own. Fitting her fingers perfectly between the gaps of hers.

"Let's leave now."

A/N:

Short chapter for now... 🥲🥲