𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑒 𝑒 𝑛

- the man with the umbrella

[N a r r a t o r]

Day or night, the moon or the sun they both shine in different ways. Have their own forms of beauty and represent a sign of elegance. Come from different groups and display in different lights yet their beauty will always feed the same reactions. Always leave people gasping, sitting in awe as they gape up at them.

KANG SAE-BYEOK AND YUN RYUNG, had the exact effect. Their faces angelic carved by the melodic sounds of their mellow voices. Their lips thick as they hold sweet, sweet filled lies and harsh truths that grit through their teeth. Their smiles beam brighter than the sun as their faces glow with the moon. The soft eyes bring night to a bow as their obsidian pupils cast down upon those who wish a blessing.

No one can deny the simple acts of beauty, a signature of you're own. A symbol made just for you. All people are deemed different. In the best and worst of ways.

"The vents." Sae-byeok looks up towards the thickly lined metal that ran throughout the warehouse. "What about them?" Ryung stepped forward. Her shoes patter on the ground as she taps them anxiously. "If they run through here that means they run throughout this whole place, if we can find... a storeroom or bathroom in this shithole we might be able to determine the next game." Her words muffled as she pushes her voice further down her stomach. Compressing it into a low grumble as she gazes at the players around her.

"And if we can't find either?" Ryung sighs sleepily. Her body hunched forward as she moves forward into the line lazily. "I'm sure there is at least one room in here that we are able to enter on  our own record."

The shorter girl just nods. Her mind caught into different places then her body as her actions lag along with her thoughts.

Golden tinned containers were handed to each player. Their thin boxes cold to the pad of their fingers as Ryung took it hesitantly into the base of her hands. She stood beside her bunk, waiting for her taller companion to join her.

"This is depressing." Yun Ryung spoke softly as she opened the container. Her mouth running dry as she looked at it in distaste. "You have to eat. We have no clue what we are playing next, regardless your body needs the energy." Ryung gave in eventually. Picking at the rice and kimchi between the equal dividers.

"I'm full." Ryung replied dryly as she set her box down. Her knees folded to her chest as she looked out across the walls of the warehouse. Her eyes clued to the swift figures drawn onto the popcorn textured walls. Sae-byeok sat silent. Letting her eyes fall onto the drawings without protest.

It's not that she cared for the painting, quite frankly Sae-byeok found them stupid. Waste of space. Not that she had actually seen them til now. And it's not like she cared enough to think about them to much, unlike Ryung who had thoughts about them daily. The feeling in her stomach drops as the robotic voice takes over the speakers once again.

"Lights out in 5 minutes."

:::::::::::

"Hey, open the door, you jerks! I really need to take a piss right now! Don't you jerks ever take a leak? Let me use the restroom!" Ryung groaned at the noise. Player 212's protests bringing havoc over those on their bunks. Begging for her squeamish noises to cease and her voice to lower as they bring themselves to a long awaited sleep.

Ryung's waist hoisted by the ledge of the stairs beside her bunk. Her head hung from the ledge of her bed as she searched for Sae-byeok who laid silently, with her hands placed onto her stomach as she focused on her breathing.

"67, 67." The girl whispered as she swung her head around in manic motions. "This is our chance. Say you need to take a piss as well." The shorter girl ushers as she leaps off her bed.