𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑒 𝑒 𝑛

-maybe I wish to die more than I wish to live

[N a r r a t o r]

YUN RYUNG never saw the world in the true beauty like those around her. She didn't smile when she saw flowers and she never laughed at funny jokes. Nor did she feel the need to take a photo of the sky everytime she thought it was pretty. Mostly because that wasn't on her mind at the moment.

Even now as she sits on her bunk blankly listening to the strangers around her she doesn't feel the need to listen or look. She just blew the strands from her eyes, brushing them back and fourth between her fingers.

The corners of her mouth fold down as the gaps between her crinkled lips etch forwards. Her amber eyes fall onto the girl next to her. Her bones crackled and her heart burned underneath the light freckles that kissed Sae-byeok's face. The tanned skin around her collarbones draning the colour from her eyes, turning it into a smoked hue. 

She couldn't like Sae-byeok, not that she has ever thought about it. But the two don't know each others names, is that a valid enough reason of why you shouldn't or can't like someone. To be honest Ryung didn't even understand why she kept her close, or kept dragging herself along with her. She felt half as safe with her then she did alone. And the company is equal to the silence in her apartment when no one is home.

Regardless the two stuck together, through ends and all.

"He just killed someone!" Ryung looked towards 456, his arms waving around his figure as he pointed to 101. Who hid his face with the few greasy locks of his unwashed hair. "Can't you hear me? A man just died. This isn't right." 456 waddled around each corner of the room, staring into the walls in hope someone could hear him. "We shouldn't be killing each other like this." His chest compresses against his heart and deflates once his throat tightens.

"Player 271, eliminated."

Sae-byeok felt her body freeze. The cool shivers running through her system as she feels each inch of her blood trun cold. The voices in her head seem to turn to whispers as they down their careless mumbles into pointless words filled with small talk.

She watched as the money piled into the piggy bank, more endulged in the paper thinned faces and printed money signs than the deceased man in front of her. His body slid against the floor as his cheek collided in perfect unison. His body hardened into the black coffin. The pink ribbon lacing his body into a concealed hug, walking out of the warehouse as if it was nothing.

GI-HUN, wasn't a good guy nor as he claimed himself to be. But out of every single person that stood in this room, his blood stood pure. He kept watching people die. He forcefully dawned his eyes on bodies that once populated this earth. His mind drained from the bare thoughts that cursed his brain. He shouldn't care, he couldn't care because his life was still on the line and he is willing to threaten it every day.

But still, watching people die isn't as much as a thrill to him. Not like Ryung.

"We shouldn't go to sleep tonight. 101 is up to something. The asshole makes it so obvious." Sae-byeok resists the urge to turn her head to meet the shorter girls gaze. Instead, she just keep her head forward. Keeping her legs closely toned together.

"I agree, we should stay close. Just in case the other need back up or something." Ryung looks blankly at her so called companion. Sae-byeok feels her amber eyes covering her face, leaving crisp trails along the goosebumps of her body. Sae-byeok doesn't say anything. Like many times before she respondes with a simple nod.

"Hey pickpocket." Gi-hun stands by the bar of the bunk beds. Keeping a stern distance between the two girls. "You two sure you'll be okay? You two don't seem to be on good term with that thug over there." His her flops to the left as he directs his motions towards the group behind him.