𝑡 𝑤 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑡 ℎ 𝑟 𝑒 𝑒

- it's a fair world

[N a r r a t o r]

"I seriously thought we were all going to die. But once I laid back, I really felt so much stronger." 212 had been telling the group her point of view from the previous games they all had just been in not even moments ago.

212 points her corn towards each members. Waving it around theatrically as she spoke with a loud voice. Occasionally taking small bites out of the food.

—"sir how did you come up with that?" The old man stuttered over his words. His throat bobs slightly once he gulps down the bitter sweet taste of the buttered corn. "When I was young, I just—"

"You copied that from a movie, right? What's that movie? You know, the one that goes like this." 212 moved her arms in slowed actions. Her face twists as she tries to bend further back.

Ali had known within a second what she was speaking about. The light pep in his tone subtle when he spoke with a soft and kindled voice.

"The matrix." Yun Ryung had been chatting to Ji-yeong about tattoos. How, if she had the chance she would get more. Ji-yeong nodded along with her sentences, adding her own input midway.

—"so, you slacked off at work and just watched movies in Korea?" Ryung's head whipped up at this. Sae-byeok doing the same, keeping her distance as the old woman spoke in a flirtatious voice towards Sang-woo.

"And you, babe. 'Just take three steps forward!' I mean, that was way too cool. How did you come up with that in that situation?" The gaps between each word filled her lungs. Her chest puffed within each interval she took in her rant.

"You said that was bullshit." Ryung dug her head behind the long strands that fell from her scalp. Shielding the first of giggles that all three girls shared, watching the scene unfold dangerously slow.

—"I did? What are you bullshitting about?" 212 lurked incredulously as if she hadn't been crying about like she wasn't one of the oldest out of the group. "You were crying. "Are you crazy? That's bullshit!" That's what you said." Ali scrunched his face just in the way she had. Imitating her high pitch tone.

"Hey! Which country are you from? Do you even have a visa? You're an illegal alien, right? Gosh. Look boys. Should we really let this strange foreign guy stay on our team? I should take this chance to sort this team out."

Ryung kept her knuckles clenched around the rim of the staircase she perched herself on. Holding an extremely large grudge to punch the bitch square in the face.

"If I hear you ask him one more time which country he is from I will slam your head against the metal bar until you bleed. Maybe til the point it covers your whole body to hide those ugly ass wrinkles of yours. Just sit your ass down and shut the fuck up because literally no one is listening to you anymore." Yun Ryung had enough energy to go on. Unfortunately for her she had a Ji-yeong and a Kang Sae-byeok by her side. Both girls had slapped their hands over her mouth. Shoving her face in the crooks of their arms to hide her from the adult above them.

"You're an idiot." Sae-byeok scoffs, nudging the girl as gently as possible. Her body was too fragile at the moment to be tempered with, yet moments ago Sae-byeok wouldn't have cared.

"If an idiot is standing up to racism then I am a massive dumbass."

:::::::::::::::

"Lights out in 30 minutes. Please get ready to sleep." Speakers shut off in an instant. All groups remaining huddled closer. Keeping a solid eye open for Deok-su.