𝑡 𝑤 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦

- if I fall asleep don't wake me up

[N a r r a t o r]

KANG SAE-BYEOK, found the cold quite welcoming as they stood infront of the metallic doors. Their sealed paintings of yellow pained her eyes as she flicked over the numerous lines.

The doors slide open, the metal clangs together, clattering once they've locked themselves in place. Guards stood at each number post. Each sign painted with a number with black and yellow boxes standing on wooden planks.

Sae-byeok could feel her mouth humify. The gap between her jaw and upper lip widened, looking at the tinted yellow cranes that stood above her. Their ends extened to meet, leaving a gap between both cranes three yellow poles hung over.

"Is it just me or are you still confused on which game we are playing?" Ryung leans between Ji-yeong and Sae-byeok once she spoke. Keeping her voice in a lowered tone as she balanced between the two girls she centred.

Sae-byeok silently nods. Her crisp lips now wet, swiping her tongue back and fourth on her lower lip.

"Welcome to the third game. This game is Tug-Of-War. You will pull on a rope on that tower. Make your opponents fall and you win."

It was quite obvious Ryung was startled by this. By the thought of those people dying by her hand. But then again it wouldn't be the first time. And she is sure it wouldn't be the last.

"Now I will hold a draw to see which teams go first. Everyone please sit down." The guard instructed clearly. Sae-byeok pulled the fabric from her knees, leaning forward with a slight groan. Her head snapped towards Ryung, the girl behind her found chatting with Ji-yeong the two quitetly muttering with one another.

"Ryung," Sae-byeok had not even a clue she felt the need to stop the two from speaking. It wasn't like she took offense to it. Or at least she tried not to.

"I will draw for the team on the left tower." The guard on his left stuck his hand far into the the black box. Showcasing the cylinder with the number 1 painted on its front. "Team one, please stand up."

"Next, I will draw for the team on the right tower." And the actions the same as last time. But the look on team sevens faces was one that left a bitter taste one everyone around them. The sweat that formed on their hairlines apparent. Their wrist cuffs folded up, wiping the residue away. Team seven looked at team one as if they had already been defeated. Excepting their fate grudgingly. "Team Seven, please stand up. Team one and Team seven will be playing first. Team one and sevem please enter the towers." The guards escorting both teams to opposite ends.

You could see the different reactions. The way Team one stood tall, their growing egos strengthen the more they watch team seven quiver. It was clear who the winners were. Either way, ten people with die in this round. And everyone below them are now forced to watch.

"I now this isn't the best time right now. But whoever made this sick ass game bust be so fucking rich to set all this up? Genuinely speaking, they either have a shit tonne of loans and morgage to pay or they're just rich." Ji-yeong couldn't help but snicker at her comment. Looking over her from a side glance. "You give me a migraine." Sae-byeok rubs her palms over her temples jokingly. Pressing her right hand over the girls forehead, effectively knocking her down.

"Piss off." Ryung whined. Fighting the grudge in her throat with a swift chuckle. "Now shut up, we came to watch people play tug-of-war."

Both teams cuffed to the ropes. Slowly pulling up the chains from the ground. Knees buckling backwards, looking for a signal from the guards beside them.