𝟯.𝟮.𝟲

"I'm leaving now!" I exclaimed, stepping out of the dorm

"Keep your mask on!"

"Don't take things from strangers!"

"Why would he-"

"Stay safe!"

"Use protection!"

"Kevin!"

I closed the door after that last comment. Note to self: Hit Kevin when I get back.

I slung my bag around my shoulder, pulling on the other side as I walked down the stairs. I dug through my pocket, finding the small, thin box I took with me earlier. I pinched the top of the mask, moulding it to my nose bridge before stepping out of the dorm apartment. I pull the hood of my jacket too. Wouldn't want Dispatch following me to my final destination.

It was Christmas Eve, yet it was so different for other years. Everybody was indoors, instead of outside, playing with the snow that fell early this year - even the children. There were no party lights that emitted from the office buildings nearby too.

I reached the bus stop, feeling outside my pant pocket for the box. It was still there, safe. The seat wasn't heated, forcing me to stand as I waited for the bus to arrive. Thank goodness they were still operating during the usual late hours of the night. I gave the driver a bow, tapping my bus card on the digital toll.

The bus was relatively empty. A few singles taking the bus back home from working during the festive season. I took a seat near the door so that it was easier to get off then. I felt through the fabric of my sweats again, checking for the box - it was still there, good.

My exit wasn't that far from the dorms. Only about five stops away. It took about 20 minutes. I got off the bus, wishing the old bus driver a merry christmas on the way out. Before the bus could drive off, I dug my hand through my sweats' pocket, feeling around for the box. It was there, safe.

I looked up at the familiar apartment block in front of me, a small smirk sliding across my face. I held onto my bag strap tightly as I keyed the password to the apartment block. The door opened and I walked in, soaking in the warmth. I took off my hoodie, dusting the snow off of it before ascending up the stairs.

Everybody's door was closed, probably turning in for the night, since it WAS just past 9.30 in the late night.

(a/n: is this anyone else? like my neighbours would always turn in at like 9pm or even earlier, and their lights would always off... mayb it's because my neighbours are elderlies but meh)

I reached my final destination. Knocking on the door lightly, it quickly opened and I think my heart stopped for a moment.

"You actually came?" the owner asked.

"You were joking?" I asked back.

She let out a scoff, opening her gate lock. She opened the gate and I stepped in. I bent down to take my shoes off. I stood back up and immediately was given a small peck on the lips. The girl let out a soft cheeky chuckle.

"Hey, you can't-" I spoke up, but she was already moving away. "No. Come back here." She continued to move away.

I quickly took a big step in front to catch the girl before she could go anywhere else. I pulled her towards me, holding onto her tightly so that she couldn't run away.

"You can't do that and expect me to let it go, Soh," I nagged, bending down so that I was just a few inches away from her lips.

"I'll give you one later," Sohee replied, teasingly turning her head away.

My hold on her waist began to loosen as she pushed herself out of my grip.

"Jae's staying over at Day6's dorm till 26th for Christmas," the girl shared.

I hummed, placing my bag on the high stool of her island kitchen.

"Peach tea, like usual?" Sohee asked, taking out the peach tea powder.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

I unzipped my bag and took out the bags of snacks I managed to snag from the dorm pantry. Sorry not sorry Younghoon. I took to the girl's overhead cabinets opening the one where all the bowls were located. Carefully, tearing open the snack bag, I poured the food into the bowl before bringing it over to the coffee table in front of the couch. At the side of the couch, were piled up blankets, perfect for movie night. I turned around to see Sohee trying to bring over two cups of hot tea by herself.

"Careful, you're gonna drop them," I nagged, hurrying over to help take my glass from her.

We placed our mugs on the table before sitting back on the couch.

"What do you wanna watch tonight?" she asked.

"I picked the last time. You can pick today," I replied.

"Okay~" she answered.

She turned on Netflix and went to search for a movie called "Your Name".

"An anime?" I asked.

"Yeah. Do you wanna watch something else?" she asked.

"No!" I exclaimed. "No, it's fine. Just something new, that's all."

"Okay..." she replied.

I nodded my head in affirmation. As she was trying to search for the show, I quickly got up and walked over to my bag left on the high stool. I dug through my pocket and pulled out a box from before. With my back turned towards the girl, I opened the small, white box to check the contents of it. It was still in one piece and safe. I opened my side pocket and placed the box inside. Wouldn't want the box to fall out or something halfway through the movie. I zipped up my back and walked back over to the couch.

I pulled the pile of blankets over, covering up the girl first before me. Soon, Sohee started the movie and we watched it together, cuddling for warmth within the winter christmas night. Our hands interlocked with each other under the blankets. Her head leaned onto my shoulder, and mine atop of hers.