𝟯.𝟭.𝟲

"Come in!" the girl answered the knock on the studio door

I opened the door, slightly less controlled than I thought I would have. The door is amazingly light. Wow. I turned to the girl in her seat. She was still focused on her screen as though I was never here. Sharp eyes skimming through her files carefully.

'Sohee.'

She still looked the same - besides the new brown highlights. She wore a yellow blouse with cream shorts and a thin black belt. Her bag laid messily on the floor beside her chair. Her jacket also hung on her chair messily. Messy - that's Sohee.

I gasp sarcastically. "Is that how you treat a long awaited friend?" I spoke, making her turn around. "I thought you would be happier to see me but apparently no," I continued to speak, tilting my head up so that my nose pointed up.

"Hyunjoon," my name escaped from her lips.

"Are you going to sit there and stare at me like I'm a ghost or what-" I started again. "Oh!"

The girl cut me off by hugging me tightly, only forcing me to hug her back.

"I miss you, so much," she stated, her voice breathily.

"I've missed you too," I replied, keeping the girl close to me.

"So!" she exclaimed pulling away excitedly. "What do I owe this amazing surprise visit?" she asked.

"Well, I was actually preparing for a solo..." I dragged the last part, prompting for a reaction, which I got; jaw dropped, eyes widened. "...And I was wondering if you'd like to take a look at it and rate it. So that I know how to improve it more," I shared.

"Do you have the file? I can- oh!" she was caught off guard as I pulled out a thumbdrive, holding it promptly between my index and thumb. "Came prepared I see," she teased, taking the thumbdrive from my fingers.

She plugged the thumbdrive into her laptop and started to duplicate and open the file.

"It's a little... big," I pointed out.

"Puhlease. This is smaller than the ones I got from my classmates in High School. High School," she emphasised the phrase. "It just takes some time. Don't worry," she comforted.

Following that statement, it was silent as we waited for the file to download.

"So, how are the guys?" I asked.

"Busy. They're doing a side project right now, A to Boyz, while waiting for their album to be written and composed," she shared. "Company said it was good for them to ride on the wave of popularity they're starting to gain after Road to Kingdom."

"Oh right! Congrats on winning Road to Kingdom!" I congratulated.

"You should be saying that to them. I just make the music," she humbled.

"But without music, they couldn't have performed and won," I pointed out.

"Okay. Keep the compliments going, HAHA," she joked, breaking into a laugh afterwards.

I laughed along with her, showering her with praises and compliments.

"Okay, okay, but how have you been? I haven't seen in forever," she reversed the attention.

"It was one year," I pointed out.

"That's forever," she strengthened her belief.

I let out a scoff. "I've been well. I had an operation for my foot last year, so now, Doc just says to stay away from dancing for a while," I shared.

"I wish you speedy recovery and hope you can get back on your feet and do what you love, Dancing," she wished.

"I hope the same thing. It's been forever since I learnt or practiced a choreo. I'm kinda getting tired of sitting around," I whined.

"Honestly would feel the same," she supported, turning back to the laptop to see that the project is only 50% complete.

"So, how're you and Sunwoo?" I asked.

"Oh... we haven't really been on talking terms nowadays. He would come, finish his job, then leave. It's a 'hi, bye' type of situation," she said. "He doesn't stick around anymore," she adds, eyes trailing off to a dark corner of the room sadly.

It like she remembered a sad memory, as her eyes fell half-lidded in disappointment.

"I'm guessing y'all fought again?" I guessed, lowering my eyes too, so that I don't overpower the girl.

"Sorta? It wasn't really a fight. It was just miscommunication. I called him out for being jealous whenever I'm around male friends, and he just stormed out. And like a storm goes, it never comes back," she started to rant.

"Have you tried to talk to him?" I asked.

"He keeps running away everytime I try to. Saying he has to go for some class or help Chanhee, even though the both of us know damn well, that Chanhee can take care of himself," she complains.

That's not what I told him to do...

"Okay calm down. Maybe he's trying to figure out what to say. You know Sunwoo. He's really careful with the words he uses so that he gets his... thoughts across well." I hesitated in the middle, and she picked it up.

"Thoughts?" she asked.

"Yeah, thoughts,' I confirmed, trying to pull her away from the odd word.

She was silent, deep in thought of what to say or ask next.

"Just, maybe when you're alone with him, try to talk to him slowly. Don't dump everything on him. He's gonna get stressed," I answered the obvious question.

She took an audible breath in. "Do you think... he still likes me?" she squeaked, taking a pause in between.

I sucked through my gritted teeth. "I'm not sure how to answer that... but let me tell you. When Sunwoo gets hooked onto something, he's never going to let go of it," I assured.

Just then, her laptop chimed, signalling the finished download of the song and the main reason why I was here in the first place.

"Thanks for that, Hyunjoon," she thanked.

"No problem," I replied.

"Now, let's look what we have here," she said, scrolling through the song's project.