𝟯.𝟭.𝟰

"We will announce the winning team first

"We will announce the winning team first."

The whole dressing room was silent as we waited for the results of the collaboration stage to be revealed. I think all the groups were thinking the same thing.

'5000 points. 5000 points.'

Everybody wanted that 5000 points to get ahead of us - and we wanted it to STAY ahead of everyone else.

Did we deserve it? Yes, of course. All of us worked hard to prepare this performance.

(Hey, I even worked with Hwanwoong well and without any problems too)

Although, I did feel this underlying urge to rap slightly stronger during the performance. Maybe it was the thought of the fight I had with Sohee. I should go talk to her after this.

Now, did the other groups' performance deserve it more than us? Maybe, yes.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, sometimes powerful performances are better than ones full of meaning. It just seems to satisfy the audience more. Unlike ours, Pentagon and ONF put up a performance full of power and passion, that just catches your attention and focus the minute you hear it. The arrangement is amazing and the storyline too.

That is why...

"Congratulations, Pentagon and ONF," the MC announced.

I think I could hear their cheers erupting from beside our dressing room. Following Juyeon who was sitting not that far from me, I stood up and also clapped for the winning groups. No one likes a sore loser.

"They did well."

"Their's was very good."

"Congrats to them."

The other members started to praise Pentagon and ONF.

"This really makes me grit my teeth," I said out loud, falling back onto the sofa. "Seriously."

Just then, my brain started to cloud itself with a bunch of what ifs. What if, I wrote my rap differently. What if, I did it this way instead of the one I performed with. Would the results be any better or would they be worse instead; but really, what's worse than last place.

"Hey, cheer up," Juyeon said beside me. "Let's focus on Shangri-la now."

I nodded my head, trying to get myself back into the game.

Time skip

So in the end, we placed second for Shangri-la and last for Heroine.

"Hey, cheer up guys," Hyunjae gathered.

"Yeah, yeah! Finals are a month away. Let's win that and show the world who we really are," Sangyeon tried to motivate us.

As much as I would hate to accept it, Sangyeon IS really good at cheering us up after a loss.

"Now, go rest up. We've got lots to do for the final episode," he continued to dismiss us.

I dragged myself to my room. Pulling myself onto my top bunk, I whipped out my phone and started to scroll through my contacts. Finding Sohee's one, my thumb hovered over the call button. I found myself zoning out, unsure whether I should call her. But what was I going to say? 'Sorry that I was a jerk because I like you?' I wouldn't want to overwhelm her with too many things.

I returned to the main page of my contact list and came across the name of an old friend. Clicking the number, I placed my phone to my ear.

"Hey!" the person replied from the other side.

"Hey, you free?" I asked.

"Yeah seems so," they replied.

"Wanna go for a drink?"