Mitchell pulled away and cupped my cheeks, he stared into my eyes with a grin. "Have I mentioned how much I missed you?"

"Your actions speak for themself," I mused. "You look like you escaped corporate hell just to be here."

"I did."

"Seriously, what are you doing here at this hour? Have you gotten any sleep?" I asked out of concern because Mitchell looked the most exhausted I'd ever seen. 

Mitchell deeply sighed, removed his hands off my face, and combed his fingers through his hair. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Must you always answer my questions with another?"

"Who's answering my questions with another now?" He raised a brow. 

"Mitch," I groaned, annoyed at the circles we ran in. 

Mitchell's hands circled my waist and he yanked me forward to his chest. "Why don't you show me your bedroom and then try to use that tone on me?"

Sleep slowly crept away merely by the way he stared at me and I wanted to give in straight away but I was also very confused by his sudden appearance. I placed my hands on Mitchell's chest to push him away but he didn't move an inch. "Mitch," I whined. "It's four AM and you just show up at my door, without any prior notice. Can you tell me –"

"Shh," Mitchell hushed and placed a finger over my lips. His other hand gently caressed my lower back through the thin fabric of my top. I gulped as he slowly slipped his fingertips underneath and touched my skin. "If I have your permission, can I just... be with you..." his tone dropped lower and his warm palm caressed my back, sending a shiver up my spine. Mitchell brought his face closer and his lips sat a breath away from mine as he whispered, "for a while, and then I promise to answer all your questions?"

I swallowed and despite the goosebumps that coated my skin, my temperature raised. I subconsciously ran my tongue over my bottom lip and locked it between my teeth. Mitchell released my lip with his thumb and captured my lips with his. 

I didn't need to be told twice to respond to the kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck, stood on my tippy toes, and pulled him closer. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, my skin felt feverish and my heart raced as our kiss deepened. A wanton moan escaped my throat and I realized just how much I missed Mitchell and being close to him. I had many questions but my hormones overtook logic and I figured we'd talk later. 

As real as the moment felt, my slightly intoxicated mind doubted that this was a dream. To make sure it was real, I caressed my way down from Mitchell's neck, over to his firm chest, found his nipple, and pinched him. Mitchell flinched and immediately pulled away, he looked at me as if I lost my mind and rubbed over the area I just pinched. "What was that for?!"

I suppressed a laugh. "Just wanted to make sure you were real."

"Huh?" Mitchell looked beyond confused. "The last I checked; I wasn't a hologram!"

"I know but I had a doubt this is all a dream," I mused and reached to pinch him again. "It seems real but let me check again."

Mitchell gripped my wrist and warned me with his eyes. "How about I pinch you this time?"

"No," I retracted my hand and covered my chest. "I'm fragile," I muttered in a small voice.

"Oh?" Mitchell raised a brow and without any warning, he grabbed me and tossed me over his shoulder. 

"Mitch!" I yelped and giggled at once. "What are you doing?"

"Payback," Mitchell cheekily replied and spanked my butt as he walked us to my bedroom.