𝟙𝟟 - Family Time 💙

The three had been settling into their normal lives after the trip to the USA. It went off with a hitch, the concert providing high popularity and income for DICE. Shuichi jumped as the doorbell rang, interrupting him from nothing in particular. Hurrying to the door, he opened it to find Akamatsu smiling awkwardly. "Hey, I'm so sorry to turn up like this but I have no choice..." She muttered, rubbing the back of her neck.

Shuichi noticed her blonde hair was now tied in a loose braid, blonde strands framing her face. Her blue-themed makeup matched her long, fitted azure blue dress. "What's up? You look amazing by the way," Shuichi smiled. She's probably on her way to a performance.

"Well, Miu and I have to get to work today and our babysitter cancelled so, no one's available to watch Meiko," Kaede sighed.

"Oh, of course! The three of us are home, so Meiko's in great hands!" Shuichi smiled. He loved Kaede's daughter, she was the most well behaved yet adventurous young woman he'd ever met. Taking care of her made him long for children of his own. Hearing a car door slam shut, Shuichi noticed Meiko run up to him, tackling him into a hug.

"Uncle Shuichi!" Meiko cried. "I missed you! Ma said you went overseas!" Shuichi chuckled and ruffled the girl's amber hair.

"I'm back now, so's Uncle Rantaro and Uncle Kokichi."

"I'll be back at around five to pick her up," Kaede smiled. "Be good now Meiko," she bent down to kiss her daughter on the forehead, quickly hugging her before hurrying to her car. Shuichi and Meiko waved goodbye to the woman before leading the twelve-year-old inside the home. Kaede and Iruma have raised her so well, they're amazing parents... Can I ever be that great as a father?

"What do you want to do Meiko?" He asked, noticing she only had her mobile on her.

"I want to see Uncle Kokichi!" She demanded with a grin.

"I heard my name?" Kokichi asked, peeking around the corner. "Meiko!" Shouting, the purplette raced forward and picked up the girl, spinning her around as the two laughed. Beaming with excitement, the two ran towards the internal garage door, disappearing behind it. Within an instant, Shuichi heard the unrhythmic crashing of drums with a backup of a guitar.

"Did Kokichi yell Meiko? What's going on?" Rantaro asked, staring at the garage door as he approached Shuichi.

"Kaede's babysitter couldn't take care of her, so she's spending the day with us," Shuichi explained. Frowning, he noticed Rantaro seemed hesitant, something quite unusual when Meiko arrived. "What the matter?" Planting a kiss on Rantaro's soft lips, Shuichi cupped his face in his hands.

"Nothing," Rantaro chuckled, holding the hand on his cheek.

"That's not true. You know you can talk to me, right? We've got the promise rings to prove it," Shuichi smiled.

"I love Meiko, don't get me wrong," Rantaro began. "It's just, did it have to be today? We had something planned, that's all. Harukawa's usually the group's babysitter, isn't she?"

"Come on Taro, Meiko's only going to be here until five and you know Kaede's never late. Even if she is, that'll leave more than enough time tonight. It's not like we've never had sex before," Shuichi smiled. "Plus, Harukawa's going through a tough pregnancy, so I think Kaede didn't want to bother her. The last thing Harukawa needs is a child to take care of."

"She's engaged to Momota," Rantaro chuckled.

"Another child to take care of then," Shuichi smiled, happy that Rantaro's mood had lifted. "Come on, let's go check on Kokichi and Meiko," he suggested. 

The two swung open the garage door to see the others having the times of their lives. Meiko smashed on the drums without a care in the world, laughing as Kokichi backed her up with his guitar. When Kokichi started playing the guitar, it made him happier than I'd ever seen. DICE was the best thing for him back in high school. Shuichi smiled, leaning against the doorframe with Rantaro as they watched.

"Uncles!" Meiko screamed over the sound of their music, abruptly pausing her activity. "Play with us! Please?!"

"They're going to right now!" Kokichi smirked, grabbing a bass guitar and thrusting it into Rantaro's hands. "Uncle Shuichi, you know what to do," the purplette grinned. Each member started playing a song they created together, mainly using Meiko's input. Shuichi had learned how to play the keyboard in high school when Kaede forced him.

Shuichi glanced to his side where Meiko played, shutting out the world as her drumsticks hit the white surfaces of the drum kit. We're not a good band, Kokichi's the only decent one out of any of us, but at least Meiko's having fun. It's like she's a part of our family, despite the fact we can't have biological children together. Despite knowing she's not Kaede and Iruma's biological daughter, she doesn't act out too often about it, from what I've heard from Kaede. I hope I'll have that happy moment some time.

Noticing the absence of drumming, Shuichi stopped playing and glanced over at Meiko. "I'm tired now..." She mumbled with a yawn. Everyone packed away the instruments as the girl skipped into the living room. "I wanna go to the park!"

"Didn't you just say you were tired?" Shuichi asked.

"Yeah, but I feel like going to the park," Meiko pouted.

"Let's go to the park then!" Kokichi cheered. "Queen Meiko demands it!" Shuichi smiled and grabbed his house keys, knowing they couldn't sway Kokichi and Meiko's decisions. Today will be a long day...

˜*°•.˜*°• 🌹 •°*˜.•°*˜

Shuichi glanced at the clock, noticing the time. Kaede will be here soon, I better remind Meiko. Entering the living room, Shuichi noticed the girl sleeping on Kokichi's chest, the two deep in slumber. As the doorbell rang the two jolted awake, rubbing their eyes at the sudden change in consciousness.

Shuichi hurried to the front door, opening it to see Kaede in the same, sparkling outfit as earlier in the day. "Ah, Shuichi, how were things today?"

"Fine, she's pretty tired right now," Shuichi explained, inviting the woman into the home.

"Mum!" Meiko cried, running up and hugging the blonde.

"Or maybe she's not," Shuichi chuckled, watching the young girl filled with energy again.

"How was our day sweetie?" Kaede asked, smoothing out Meiko's messy hair.

"We played music together, and then went to the park, and had ice cream, and then Uncle Rantaro did my nails!" Meiko rattled off the day's experiences, showing off her hot pink nails.

"I'm glad you had a good day! Come on, we should get home now, okay? Thank you so much for taking care of her," Kaede smiled. As the three men watched the Akamatsus leave, they waved goodbye, smiling at the great experiences they had during the day.