Chapter 40~

Virat was planning to confess his love for Snehanvi but he was not able to and the only reason was her. He was tensed about her reaction. He could feel that Sneha has started to accept him as her husband but love,that was completely different thing. He knew that will take time but on his side it was getting difficult to hide his feelings.

Virat came home early today from the hospital and was sitting at his room thinking all this when Snehanvi came into the room.

"Kya soch rahe ho?"she asked to Virat who looked at her and nodded his head.

" Nothing. Baas aise hi.", he said as Snehanvi came and sat beside him.

"You came home early today...", she said as she picked up his jacket from the bed and kept in the wardrobe.

" Haan voh baas jaldi kaam khatam ho gaya.", Virat said and added "kuch baat karni thi tumse."

Snehanvi came and sat beside him and said, "Haan bolo na. Kya baat hain?"

Virat took a deep breath and turned to her and held both of her hand and asked, "Where do we stand in this relationship Sneha?"

Snehanvi didn't expect this question at all. She was caught off guard and didn't know how to reply to this. She looked down for sometime then looked back at him and said, "We are best friends. That's what you told me.. Right?"

"Yes. We are best friends and we shall remain that our entire lives but..", Virat stopped and looked at Snehanvi who said, " But what?"

"But we are also husband and wife. I know it's hard for you to accept anyone else as your life partner other than Veer. I know I can't be your Veer ever.. But can't be atleast your Virat?", Virat said.

" I don't understand what you're saying. I don't see you as Veer. You have your own place as Virat... ", Snehanvi went to say something more but got interrupted by Virat who suddenly said, " I love you Sneha and it's not like I have fallen in love with you after getting married to you. I loved you from even before that. Your innocence, your pure heart,just everything about you made me fall for you. I know you still love Veer and that's okay I'll wait for you to accept me from your heart."

Snehanvi did understand Virat's growing affection for her since the day she got married to him. She knew Virat was falling for her and could feel his love but she didn't expect him to confess his feeling like this, all of a sudden. She looked at their adjoining hands and said, "But phir. You agreed to marry jiji.."

"Maa wanted her as her daughter in law and I also thought you wouldn't agree so I never approached you and just agreed to the decision. But I always was in love with you. When at the day of the weddings everything started happening and finally I saw you as my bride I was happy despite all the chaos I was happy to have you as my wife.." Virat said and Snehanvi looked at him with guilt in her eyes.

A man like Virat, who was so generous and so kind and has everything a woman deserves to get, loved her. She could tell his love for her was genuine because he didn't want anything in return from her. He just loved her unconditionally.

"I am.. Sorry Virat.. ", Snehanvi said without looking at him. Virat sighed and cupped her face, he made her look at him and said, "You don't have to feel guilty for whatever I said today. I don't want you to accept my love as the outcome of guilt. Mere paas tabhi ana Sneha jab sach mein mujhse pyar ho!"

Snehanvi looked at him with tears. She could understand he was hurt but was too good to accept that. She didn't wanted to hurt him yet she did. She looked at him and said, "Vi..virat it's not like that... I know you are hurt... Umm we can.."

"Nahi Sneha.. We can't! I can't.. I want you to accept me when your heart will say so, not as a result of guilt or adjustment. I know you have been adjusting alot since you got here but this is one matter I don't want you to adjust in. ", he slowly wiped off her tears and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and said, " Pyar hain Sneha, yeh adjustment se nahi hota and don't worry I will wait for you. All my life if it takes so."