25

Alexandra's pov

We have a problem. A big problem. When Bonnie showed up at the grave last night...she turned Alaric. He's alive.

"What do you mean, he turned?! I thought you were standing guard" Stefan said to me.

"Don't blame me! Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him" Damon said looking to Bonnie.

"I had no idea what was happening. Ok, the withes led me there. They wanted him to feed so he'd turn" Bonnie said.

"So where's the stake now?" Stefan said. Esther used Alaric's daylight ring to make a new stake that only he could use to kill vampires.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know" Damon said.

"If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie said.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him" Damon said.

"So, what now?" I said.

"How do we kill him now?" Stefan said.

"I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature. There's always a way to undo a spell." Bonnie said.

"So? What's the witchy workaround?" Damon said

"That's the problem. I don't know." Bonnie said and I sighed.

"I'm going to go talk to Elena. You guys try to figure something out...please" I said.

"Don't tell her, okay? Not now" Stefan said and I nodded.

"Got it" I said and then left. I make my way over to Elena's house and I knock on the door and wait. I stand back a little and then the door opens to reveal Jeremy.

"Jer?" I said.

"Alex" He said and then we both hugged each other.

"You're still...you're still here?" I said.

"Yeah...I'm going to be staying here. Especially with what happened to Alaric" He said.

"Well...we're all glad to have you back. And...I'm sorry about Alaric. I know he meant a lot to you and Elena. I'm here for you if you guys need anything...you know that" I said.

"Yeah, I know" He said smiling. "Come in. Elena's upstairs" He continued and let me in the house. I smile to him and then I make my way upstairs and see Elena in one of the rooms painting and I walk in.

"Hey" I said.

"Oh, hey" She said.

"I like the color" I said.

"It's all we had. Going to take some getting used to, but we needed some change" She said and I nodded.

"Hey...I'm sorry about what happened" I said.

"Where were you that night?" She said and I sighed a little.

"I was...I was dealing with something with Elle" I said.