9

Alexandra's pov

I'm laying on Damon's chest and he's rubbing his hand on my back.  I have my eyes closed and I'm just listening to his heart beat.  I've never been so in love before.  Everything about him.

"How would you feel if I asked you on a date tonight?" I said and opened my eyes to look at him.

"A date? I don't think we've ever been on a date" He said.

"First time for everything, right?" I said.

"And where exactly would this date be?" He said looking to me.

"My school.  A bonfire" I said and his face changed.

"No, no and no" He said.

"Did you just reject me" I said pouting and he laughed a little.

"Yes, I did.  I am not going to some high school bonfire with a bunch of teenagers" He said.

"You think I actually want to go?" I said.

"You don't? So...you just asked me on a date that you don't even want to go on?" He said.

"Everyone else is going to be there.  I feel like it's only right if we go.  Keep our eye on Elena.  Make sure Stefan stays under control" I said.

"He's going to be around hundreds of people.  It's inevitable something bad is going to happen" He said.

"Please, Damon" I said and he gave me a sigh.

"You're lucky I love you" He said and I smile and lean in and kiss him.

"I am lucky" I said and then stood up to go get dressed.  "Be ready in 30!" I said skipping to the bathroom and heard him chuckle a little.

I'm in the bathroom getting ready and I hear my phone ring and I look to see it's Elena.  Okay...not going to lie.  Elena and I had a plan for this bonfire tonight.  

I pick up the phone and then wait for Elena to speak up.  "Did you get him on board?" She said.

"He said he'll come.  He still doesn't know there's a plan set in place" I said.

"Alaric and I will be at the school.  Meet us in his classroom before the bonfire" She said.

"You really think this will work?" I said.

"It has to" She said and I nodded. 

"I'll see you soon" I said and then we said bye and hung up.  I put my phone down on the sink and then jump when the door opens.

"What the hell is actually going on?" He said and I look to him.

"What?" I said.

"Did you forget about that little gift we have as vampires? Quite the amazing sense of hearing, right?" He said and I mentally slap myself.

"Just come with me tonight.  Elena and I will explain everything" I said.

"I'm guessing Ric already is in on this" He said.